Person of Interest

As usual, this show didn't fail to entertain; excellent. Moreover, we got to learn a lot more about the machine, Finch's past, and the lengths at which a certain few will go to protect knowledge of the machine's existance.

Wow! Great show! POI just "clicks" on so many levels. I didn't see that "root" person coming out of the woodwork, and I loved the Matrixy ending...almost expected Reese to fly off like Superman after hanging up the phone. Best new show of the season IMO. Bravo!

Agreed! What an awesome show! Lots of twists and turns. The bad part is now we have to wait 4 months to see what happens! :)

It sucks that we won't see another episode until September. However, too much of anything is never a good thing...plus, hopefully the entire staff will come back from their summer break refreshed and ready for an even better Season 2. Offhand, I see some terrific possibilities:

• Now that Carter and Fusco know about the others involvement, will they unite to form an effective team or will they argue like an old married couple? I opt for the old married couple route with occasional spells of working nicely together. This relationship offers a nice human factors sub-plot.
  • Fusco mentioned wanting to take-down HR and even forwarded some emails to the FBI. Will he be successful? If so, will he also go down with the ship? My take is that he will not be successful and Reese will have to step-in more than once to pull Fusco's arse out of a fire. Fusco battles HR and HR is wanting take-out Reese. Nice!
  • So who is this Root character and what is her motivation? Did she merely stumble upon the existence of Finch, Reese and The Machine earlier in the year, or was she looking for The Machine all along? Right now, it would appear that she is hell-bent on owning The Machine...just not sure if it's for pleasure, profit or both. Root appears to know everything about The Machine and the team...and we just know they are going to battle for it's control. One thing we know for sure is that she's just not a computer geek...she's a murderous bitch too! Sweet!
  • So who was Reese addressing at the end of the show...the people running The Machine or the machine itself? In other words, is the machine now self-aware? Offhand, I think we may see a lot more of these Matrix type AI themes develop next season.
  • So why does Finch limp? I noticed he wasn't limping when they flashed back to when he was developing The Machine. I'll betcha he suffer this injury when the people who knew about the machine tried to kill him. I think we'll find out something next season.
  • Meanwhile back at the ranch, the FBI and CSI are hot for Reese's body...dead body that is; Elias is busy trying to take control of the New York underworld; How many others knew or now now know about The Machine's existence?; Why are our government leaders willing to kill to protect this secret?; Who are the really bad guys at the top of the food chain?; and will Finch and Reese plot to pull the plug on The Machine.
Cool. :cool:

Terrific episode. I liked the end. I think it just might be the machine since it said evaluating. Can't wait for season 2.

S~

POI finishes strong...

9 p.m.

CBS: "Person of Interest" season finale (13.35 million, 8.2/13)
ABC: "Grey's Anatomy" season finale (11.15 million, 7.5/12)
FOX: "Touch" (6.3 million, 4.0/6)
NBC: "Community" season finale (2.55 million, 1.5/2)

Wow! I completey forgot to post details about the season premiere episode last night. Did anyone see it? Anyway, it was pretty good...just not sure what to make of "Root" and whether she's be a temporary threat or a long surviving nemesis.

POI premiere gets strong ratings...

9:00 p.m.
CBS: "Person of Interest" premiere (14.3 million, 8.8/14)
ABC: "Grey's Anatomy" premiere (11.5 million, 7.6/12)
FOX: "Glee" (5.9 million, 3.6/6)
NBC: "The Office" (5.2 million, 3.3/5)/"Parks and Recreation" (4.5 million, 2.7/4)
The CW: "The Next" (683,000, 0.5/1)

He finally killed somebody...the guys is the bar..or so it seemed. Dunno, was not that impressed. Getting old and tired already. I think it may have troubles this year, ratings wise.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)