Pesky Audio Problems

garlandtxuser

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Garland, Texas
Just a question to others. Has anyone else experienced intermittent drops in audio, especially on the SD shows? I only ask because I have noticed it on both of my boxes and during different shows. The glitches are very brief, usually only a word or two are missed and it is very infrequent. Just don't know if it is something that I need to be concerned about or someting that Verizon is already aware of and working on.:confused:

I haven't noticed anything like that.

Does it happen on all channels or just certain ones?

If the signal to the boxes is somehow being effected I would think you would also see errors in the picture, like random squares/pixelization, at the same time the audio drops out.

The only audio "problem" I have is the difference in volume level between channels. Some channels blare with the TV volume set low and other times I have to turn the volume up more than half way just to get spoken voice volume level. It can be annoying, especially when I forget to turn down the volume before changing channels.

When did you experience this problem, garlandtx?

I just started noticing it a couple of days ago. It is very infrequently.

I especially noticed it yesterday afternoon while watching a movie on one of the SD channels. No picture problem but while the actors were talking I would just loose a word or two in the middle of a sentance. I also had a show recorded, I think it was Ugly Betty, on the SD box that did it and that would have been for last week.

I will take a note from this point on on when and what channel and post if it happens any more.

Now that you mention it, I think I've seen the same thing- not a big drop out, and not very often but a drop out.

I guess we should starting to notice if it's on certain channels or an across the board problem.

Now that you mention it, I think I've seen the same thing- not a big drop out, and not very often but a drop out.

I guess we should starting to notice if it's on certain channels or an across the board problem.

I would encourage all to post if they experience this and make sure to include your service area. I am obviously in Garland, Texas.

Verizon FiOS is working on is audio right now, so that's probably the cause.

If you still experience this issue by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, please report back.

Verizon FiOS is working on is audio right now, so that's probably the cause.

If you still experience this issue by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week, please report back.

Thanks Ken. I appreciate knowing that it's not just me ears. I'm getting older and I start to question everything I see and hear now.

Is it possible for Verizon to publish these things so that the users know the problems are being worked on. If it could be like a bug tracker where we can just search for our problem to see if is one that is in the develppment queue that would be great.

Yea, yea, I'm letting my tech show again. I just can't help myself.

I've been having the same problem, sometimes its just the audio on both sd and hd channels and it doesn't matter what channel it is on. Sometime is geth both audio and video drop outs. although its just a few seconds it is starting to get annoying. Please fix this soon please. Valrico, FL

DJ

Did everyone start seeing these audio issues in the past week or so?

Or was there anyone who experienced it before that?

I live in Wylie, and I experience it especially when I am watching a VOD program.

I heard the audio dropout for the first time yesterday when watching a CNET OnDemand program. However, I found that if I rewound and listened to the same section again the audio dropout was still there.

I've notice quite a bit of variation in the quality of OnDemand programs. Some are crystal clear and high quality. But other shows look like they were recorded using a coax cable.

I heard the audio dropout for the first time yesterday when watching a CNET OnDemand program. However, I found that if I rewound and listened to the same section again the audio dropout was still there.

I've notice quite a bit of variation in the quality of OnDemand programs. Some are crystal clear and high quality. But other shows look like they were recorded using a coax cable.

On Demand is actually delivered through the Internet connection so that has a lot to do with the quality. I suspect that is why On Demand is not available with HD content.

Still there

Ken, I know that you said a week or so, but the problems are still there. I expecially notice them on the local SD channels. I watch a lot of King Of Queens and That 70's show on Garland local 27. I notice the audio drop 3-4 times during these shows almost every day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts