Pet Thread.

Discussion in 'The Chit Chat Club' started by danristheman, Jul 29, 2019.

1. danristheman

danristheman Topic Starter SatelliteGuys Pro

Do you have any pets? Do they help you with your electronics? My cat helps me with dish and security cameras. If you don't what pet would you like to have?

Attached Files:

Radioguy41 and navychop like this.
  2. navychop

navychop Member of the Month - July 2014! Pub Member / Supporter Lifetime Supporter

We had two cats. Holding off replacing them, for cost and travel reasons. We are trying to pay off our mortgage early. And then travel Space-A. No one to looks after our pets.

But we will probably eventually get another couple of cats.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

3. Magic Static

Magic Static FTA Geek Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Lifetime Supporter

I have three cats, none of them were planned except maybe the first one. He brought home the second one, my neighbors cat. When she moved she had come to realize her cat really didn't live with her anyway so she turned over his papers and chip ID. :) The third ran away from a horrible situation with three college guys in an apartment a couple doors down. She took up residence under my shed and the guys moved away.

Now I have a ferule kitten that found it's way to my little kitty haven. Poor thing was skin over bones pleading for help. My three cats are absolutely firm on their position of "NO MORE CATS" and voice it loudly. But they let me feed it and he's doing very well. He won't let me touch him yet but he will come to me and cheek mark me and scratch at my legs. As soon as I get him tamed down a bit he gets a new home :)
    LeoKitten 010.JPG LeoKitten 017.JPG

Radioguy41, . Raine, k.r. and 3 others like this.
  4. dfergie

dfergie Proud Staff Member Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU!

west of the pecos, between Otis and first contact
    Picked up a 2 year old Chihuahua yesterday to go with my around 2 year old we found last fall returning from hunting... (middle of nowhere), Yesterday's acquisition came from a older couple who couldn't manage keeping her. (nobody to watch when they had to go out of town for medical visits etc)

5. Magic Static

Magic Static FTA Geek Staff Member HERE TO HELP YOU! Lifetime Supporter

I've been working with the little kitten and can now handle him. He has the loudest purr ever. :) He has ear mites so bad it affects his hearing too. :( So before he gets a new home he loses the mites... and a couple nads ;)

danristheman and navychop like this.
  6. Radioguy41

Radioguy41 SatelliteGuys Pro

We have a rescue Tortie. She's a 6 lb purr motor machine that thinks she's being helpful.

20171219_144010a.jpg
    20190705_074325a.jpg

7. . Raine

. Raine SatelliteGuys Pro Pub Member / Supporter

Pets...we have six cats, three dogs, two rabbits, two chinchillas, two ducks, eleven chickens and three horses.

Occasionally there's a rescue animal staying with us until a home is found for it. My daughter is going to college to be a vet and I never know what animal might be here when I come home from work, today there was a few chickens that I haven't yet got the story on.

As far as being helpful, no. They like watching and being supervisors though, especially the cats and horses:)

edisonprime and Magic Static like this.
  8. kittyhas1000legs

kittyhas1000legs That's a lot of claws! Pub Member / Supporter

Torties are great. We have a ten pound sack of potatoes named Jeannie who still has a kitten face at nine years old. My wife got her off of Craigslist about a week after we moved in together. "If you can catch her, you can keep her".

We also have Nooblet (tux) and Casey (calico), who both came pre-named.

IMG_0925.JPG 20160617_070109.jpg _5178418.JPG P7318884.JPG PA121167b.jpg

danristheman, navychop and Radioguy41 like this.
  9. edisonprime

edisonprime SatelliteGuys Pro

I think it's kind of cold to suggest that someone would "replace" their pet. Even if you get a new pet, it's a new friend for you, not a "replacement".

10. kittyhas1000legs

kittyhas1000legs That's a lot of claws! Pub Member / Supporter

I see them so much, I figure I should post them.

Misty, lives next door, 17 years old, one tooth left, somehow still can crunch the treats we give her
    P6115718b.jpg

Marley, Misty's roommate, scared of pretty much everything but VERY enthusiastic about kibble & treats
    P7177285b.jpg

Littlefoot, lives one building over, makes all sorts of weird purr sounds
    P5135045b.jpg

We call her Chiyo-chan, not sure if she has a home. Tiny, won't take no sh-t
    P4224510b.jpg

Separate names with a comma.

More...