Pet Thread.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Do you have any pets? Do they help you with your electronics? My cat helps me with dish and security cameras. If you don't what pet would you like to have?

Attachments

• 20190722_225011.jpg
    20190722_225011.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 331
  • 20190424_201307.jpg
    20190424_201307.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 333
  • 20190505_063935.jpg
    20190505_063935.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 346
We had two cats. Holding off replacing them, for cost and travel reasons. We are trying to pay off our mortgage early. And then travel Space-A. No one to looks after our pets.

But we will probably eventually get another couple of cats.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.

I have three cats, none of them were planned except maybe the first one. He brought home the second one, my neighbors cat. When she moved she had come to realize her cat really didn't live with her anyway so she turned over his papers and chip ID. :) The third ran away from a horrible situation with three college guys in an apartment a couple doors down. She took up residence under my shed and the guys moved away.

Now I have a ferule kitten that found it's way to my little kitty haven. Poor thing was skin over bones pleading for help. My three cats are absolutely firm on their position of "NO MORE CATS" and voice it loudly. But they let me feed it and he's doing very well. He won't let me touch him yet but he will come to me and cheek mark me and scratch at my legs. As soon as I get him tamed down a bit he gets a new home :)
LeoKitten 010.JPG LeoKitten 017.JPG

Picked up a 2 year old Chihuahua yesterday to go with my around 2 year old we found last fall returning from hunting... (middle of nowhere), Yesterday's acquisition came from a older couple who couldn't manage keeping her. (nobody to watch when they had to go out of town for medical visits etc)

I've been working with the little kitten and can now handle him. He has the loudest purr ever. :) He has ear mites so bad it affects his hearing too. :( So before he gets a new home he loses the mites... and a couple nads ;)

Pets...we have six cats, three dogs, two rabbits, two chinchillas, two ducks, eleven chickens and three horses.

Occasionally there's a rescue animal staying with us until a home is found for it. My daughter is going to college to be a vet and I never know what animal might be here when I come home from work, today there was a few chickens that I haven't yet got the story on.

As far as being helpful, no. They like watching and being supervisors though, especially the cats and horses:)

We have a rescue Tortie. She's a 6 lb purr motor machine that thinks she's being helpful.

View attachment 139982
View attachment 139983

Torties are great. We have a ten pound sack of potatoes named Jeannie who still has a kitten face at nine years old. My wife got her off of Craigslist about a week after we moved in together. "If you can catch her, you can keep her".

We also have Nooblet (tux) and Casey (calico), who both came pre-named.

IMG_0925.JPG 20160617_070109.jpg _5178418.JPG P7318884.JPG PA121167b.jpg

We had two cats. Holding off replacing them, for cost and travel reasons. We are trying to pay off our mortgage early. And then travel Space-A. No one to looks after our pets.

But we will probably eventually get another couple of cats.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys App. For now.
I think it's kind of cold to suggest that someone would "replace" their pet. Even if you get a new pet, it's a new friend for you, not a "replacement".

I see them so much, I figure I should post them.

Misty, lives next door, 17 years old, one tooth left, somehow still can crunch the treats we give her
P6115718b.jpg

Marley, Misty's roommate, scared of pretty much everything but VERY enthusiastic about kibble & treats
P7177285b.jpg

Littlefoot, lives one building over, makes all sorts of weird purr sounds
P5135045b.jpg

We call her Chiyo-chan, not sure if she has a home. Tiny, won't take no sh-t
P4224510b.jpg

Reactions: k.r.
I've been working with the little kitten and can now handle him. He has the loudest purr ever. :) He has ear mites so bad it affects his hearing too. :( So before he gets a new home he loses the mites... and a couple nads ;)
I am happy to report the kitten has a new home with a nice family and mamma just adores orange tabby males which 80% of them are. :)

There is my friend - 3 y.o.unbranded male named (by me) Sirius. Grows pretty wild and blood-thirsty. Lots of mice and small birds lost their lives all around the house. IMG_20190920_174418 (Large).jpg IMG_20190920_174435 (Large).jpg IMG_20190920_174406 (Large).jpg
Once he was even hunting stork but pray was too fast and too big. .

Reactions: k.r. and navychop
Oh no! Another orange tabby starving cat. There has been a large cat roaming the neighborhood for a couple years now and has taken residence at the empty house next door. I have been able to watch this cat on the security monitors. Recently I had a very good look at the kitty and discovered it's a she. I've been calling her Stubby because she is missing a third of her tail. My wife said we'll have to call her Stubette. :( I don't like that, I call her Lady. While she has come to like me and crave my affections she won't come in the house. I have been concerned about the freezing temps we have now and don't know where she has been sleeping. I told my wife about my concerns and she mentioned a cat house she saw on Pintrest made from an old tire. I thought that was a easy idea so I rounded up an old tire and started into the project. I got the tire cut out and the top and bottom wood panels. It was getting late so I just set the tire and the two panels like they would be fit together on my work table. I figured to finish it the next day. Well Lady must of known what I was up to and she spent the night in the unfinished cathouse. Today I finished it and 5 minutes later she moved right in. :)

YardSept2019 037.JPG YardSept2019 039.JPG cathouse 001.JPG cathouse 006.JPG cathouse 007.JPG

The Kitty Cat Commission will smile upon you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's my boy. Rescued him when he came into my shop. Kept hiding under our bundles of wood. Had to used compress air to scare him out. Little bugger could sure run. He wasn't even 3 months old so I had no idea what happened to his mother.

This was in August 2017. 1 week later he really looked sick. He had a respiratory infection. With the vets help a month later he was jumping and playing around. We don't have children so my attachment to him is on the strong side.

IMG_20170828_121934.jpg IMG_20170831_165032.jpg IMG_20170913_144621.jpg 20170925_155242.jpg 20171030_174526.jpg 20171111_120844.jpg 20171223_173949(1).jpg 20180508_170809.jpg

This was not easy for me to do. I have severe allergies and asthma so the first month I was getting real sick. Eventually I found a way to control my symptoms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts