Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Yes as manager

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Both as player and Manager

Votes: 2 11.8%

• Total voters
The simple fact is that Rose is being treated differently from the strikers, the druggies, the steroid cheats, and George Steinbrenner. These are facts (unlike the opinons above based on the word of criminals).

It futher is my opionion that the owners of baseball, and Selig, knew about the steriod cheats, which means that they are a party to a vast drug ring, and a conspiracy to pass sham baseball off as real baseball and to influnce voters to raise taxes to support what they knew was a sham.

The simple fact is that Rose is being treated differently from the strikers, the druggies, the steroid cheats, and George Steinbrenner. These are facts (unlike the opinons above based on the word of criminals).

It futher is my opionion that the owners of baseball, and Selig, knew about the steriod cheats, which means that they are a party to a vast drug ring, and a conspiracy to pass sham baseball off as real baseball and to influnce voters to raise taxes to support what they knew was a sham.

The opinions of the word of a criminal? These are people Pete Rose hung around. Nobody forced him to. The facts are what they are. Rose will never get in because from all that know him he still gambles. He still hasn't told the complete truth about what he did.

The opinions of the word of a criminal? These are people Pete Rose hung around. Nobody forced him to. The facts are what they are. Rose will never get in because from all that know him he still gambles. He still hasn't told the complete truth about what he did.

Seeing you sound like you KNOW what happened, is he suppose to seek you out and apologize to you ?

Everything you've mentioned is second hand, things that have been reported and fabricated to make Pete out to be this low life.
He may very well be a low life now.
When he was playing ball he was one of the GREAT ball players of the time, what he did ON the field is the ONLY thing that should be looked at when discussing the HOF, but those on the HOF voting commitee are "Holier than Thou" and have decided to leave him out till they pass away.

The Commish at the time had the same opinion of himself.

Ruth and Cobb were no saints, but they got in as well as MANY others.

Oh ya, DRUGS in the hall is FINE btw.

What a Crock.

Seeing you sound like you KNOW what happened, is he suppose to seek you out and apologize to you ?

Everything you've mentioned is second hand, things that have been reported and fabricated to make Pete out to be this low life.
When he was playing ball he was one of the GREAT ball players of the time, what he did ON the field is the ONLY thing that should be looked at when discussing the HOF, but those on the HOF voting commitee are "Holier than Thou" and have decided to leave him out till they pass away.

What a Crock.

If it hadn't been for Selig changing the rules he would have still been HOF eligible. Right before Pete was eligible for the HOF he changed the rules to say you can't be eligible if you are on the suspended list.

One MORTAL sin in baseball and in any sport - gambling - it can a bring a sport to it's knees and begging for salvation and can't be tolerated. Because it's Rose people want to forgive him but because it's a player of his stature he CAN'T be.

What a Crock.

Bull. Pete Rose is the only one that LIED. He lied for years. He lied on the Phil Donahue show about it. He even tried to stop the investigation using his lawyer. Pete Rose was a good ballplayer. But , as a ballplayer you can't bet on baseball as a player or a Manager . I didn't write those rules. So he has to pay the price. What kind of message will it send players if they allow Rose in? You can bet on baseball, deny it for years, write a book about it and tell the truth about the same time the book comes out, and be let back in? Give me a break. Rose did this all to himself.

One MORTAL sin in baseball and in any sport - gambling - it can a bring a sport to it's knees and begging for salvation and can't be tolerated. Because it's Rose people want to forgive him but because it's a player of his stature he CAN'T be.

You would rather have a 7 time Coke user throwing 100 MPH fastballs at you instead .....

Bull. Pete Rose is the only one that LIED. He lied for years. He lied on the Phil Donahue show about it. He even tried to stop the investigation using his lawyer. Pete Rose was a good ballplayer. But , as a ballplayer you can't bet on baseball as a player or a Manager . I didn't write those rules. So he has to pay the price. What kind of message will it send players if they allow Rose in? You can bet on baseball, deny it for years, write a book about it and tell the truth about the same time the book comes out, and be let back in? Give me a break. Rose did this all to himself.

Had he KILLED someone he would be back out on the streets by now. :rolleyes:

20 years isn't enough for you ?

I added a poll for those that have posted in this thread to express how they feel.

Had he KILLED someone he would be back out on the streets by now. :rolleyes:

20 years isn't enough for you ?

No. And it sends the wrong message. And Rose isn't winning many friends who could vote him in after what he did with his book release. The fact is he knew what he was signing when he was banned. . He didn't have to sign it . But he did. And they he want on a "Trash everyone that said he did it tour" for years. His numbers still stand . He should be proud of them. But he should also be banned for what he did while playing. . Again, I'm willing to bet after reviewing many of the tapes and interviews that the worst of it never came out. It did come out from others however on some things he did. Bits and Pieces including some of the people who knew him .

If they let him in they are saying that it was ok for him to bet on games that he played in. The trouble is they might have this problem again with another player. And so many people on the internet have it wrong. They don't know. Some say he only bet when he was Manager. That's not true. He did make bets on games he played in.

You guys need to find video of the interviews from 1989 to 1990 etc. It tells you more then what many remember. I would post them on youtube but MLB pulls this stuff. Rose not only bet on games but he lied and lied and lied. It was only when he wanted to profit with telling parts of the truth that he came forward. And that's not helping him win over any friends.

Perhaps this puts it best
Gambling is the worst thing a ballplayer can do, because it undermines the integrity of the game. Since the goals of the gambler are different than the normal goals of a baseball team, fan's trust in the game is shaken.
The use of drugs or other offenses are sometimes punished by baseball. While these may be crimes against society, they are not necessarily crimes against baseball.

Last edited:
No. And it sends the wrong message. And Rose isn't winning many friends who could vote him in after what he did with his book release. The fact is he knew what he was signing when he was banned. . He didn't have to sign it . But he did. And they he want on a "Trash everyone that said he did it tour" for years. His numbers still stand . He should be proud of them. But he should also be banned for what he did while playing. . Again, I'm willing to bet after reviewing many of the tapes and interviews that the worst of it never came out. It did come out from others however on some things he did. Bits and Pieces including some of the people who knew him .

If they let him in they are saying that it was ok for him to bet on games that he played in. The trouble is they might have this problem again with another player. And so many people on the internet have it wrong. They don't know. Some say he only bet when he was Manager. That's not true. He did make bets on games he played in.

You guys need to find video of the interviews from 1989 to 1990 etc. It tells you more then what many remember. I would post them on youtube but MLB pulls this stuff. Rose not only bet on games but he lied and lied and lied. It was only when he wanted to profit with telling parts of the truth that he came forward. And that's not helping him win over any friends.

What would YOU do if you were in his shoes today ?

And another thing about this. Rose had a chance for a hearing. He had a chance to fight it and even tell his side. But before the hearing went forward Rose said he wanted to sign the agreement. That should make you wonder what Rose was afraid of.

At the Press Conference after the agreement had been signed Rose didn't talk much . He had his lawyer with him. Part of the reason was because they knew Rose might be dealing with the IRS over this. But Rose did say he didn't bet on baseball. He was asked why did he sign the agreement then. His lawyer said that Rose could reapply after one year. However, that was a lie. And Rose knew it.

The book Rose wrote a few years back wasn't the first about this matter. He also wrote a book in 1990 but it was full of lies. Rose was still living that lie at that time.

I have video of a man named Mike Sokolove who worked as a reporter in Ohio I believe. He wrote a book called "Hustle: The Myth, Life and Lies of Pete Rose". It details Rose's alleged links with drug-dealers, organized crime figures, and various other lowlifes. It's not a pretty picture but by all accounts 100 percent correct.

What would YOU do if you were in his shoes today ?

I don't know . His records still stand. And I would just move on with my life. They can't take that away from him. But the man needed help long ago. He didn't handle it well because I believe more people would believe him. And many did. But I have a big problem with a man that trashes people for years and many that can't defend themselves. It speaks volumes about the character of Rose that he would do this for years and not have any problem with it.

Last edited:
One more time. George Steinbrenner.

Rose understood that his ban "for life" was just like that of Steinbrenner. One year and he could apply for reinstatement, with no HOF implications. THEN Baseball changed the rules, but only for the little guy (Rose) not for the rich owner (Steinbrenner). Also banned "for life", also convicted of a (trivial, IMHO) white collar crime, also an associate of a gambler.

Caught a look at the Yankee uniforms.

It is time for Baseball to come clean. Tell everything Selig and the owner knew about steriods and put Peter Edward Rose in the HOF.

And Selig in jail.

Gambling on the game as a player or manager affects the results of the game and is cheating for monetary gain.
Before Pete Rose is allowed back, then Joe Jackson better be there first. They pretty much did the same thing.

And letting him back in sets a really bad example for future players that think about doing the same thing.

Gambling on the game as a player or manager affects the results of the game and is cheating for monetary gain.
Before Pete Rose is allowed back, then Joe Jackson better be there first. They pretty much did the same thing.

And letting him back in sets a really bad example for future players that think about doing the same thing.

Many may not know this but according to the book I talked about Rose was betting as a player on baseball way before 1989. Just another reason why he shouldn't be in.

Looks like Pete had a lot of faith in a couple of his pitchers back on '87 :rolleyes::

Rose said that he believed in his team so much that he bet on them to win every night.

"I bet on my team to win every night because I love my team, I believe in my team," Rose said. "I did everything in my power every night to win that game."

John Dowd, who authored the report chronicling Rose's gambling as a member of the Reds, told "Cold Pizza" on ESPN2 that Rose was mostly right when he said he bet on every Reds game.

Dowd told the program that Rose did not bet at all in the 1987 season when Mario Soto or Bill Gullickson pitched. He also said that Rose bet while he was playing.

Rose admits to betting on Reds 'every night' - MLB - ESPN

I personally don't think he should be back in baseball, but he should be in the Hall of Fame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)