Pete Van Wieren retires

I'll never look at Braves games the same again.

No more TBS, Skip Caray, or Pete Van Wieren?

With Glavine likely to retire, the Braves are now probably another irrelavant team again. Time to say goodbye to the days where they could claim to be 'America's Team.'

I'll never look at Braves games the same again.

No more TBS, Skip Caray, or Pete Van Wieren?

With Glavine likely to retire, the Braves are now probably another irrelavant team again. Time to say goodbye to the days where they could claim to be 'America's Team.'
they were the voice of the braves,the braves from now on will never be the same,I even liked listening on the radio.

When I was introduced to Superstation WTBS in the early 80's, it was Pete, Skip, Ernie Johnson, Sr. and John Sterling calling Braves games.

Those were the days.

When I was introduced to Superstation WTBS in the early 80's, it was Pete, Skip, Ernie Johnson, Sr. and John Sterling calling Braves games.

Those were the days.

They were a great crew! I'll always remember them fondly. You all are correct. The Braves will never be the same again.

As lousy as they were in the early TBS days of cable, I grew to love those announcers and would tune in for THEM and not the games.

One by one the voices of our baseball lives are disappearing. I shudder to think of what McCourt & Co. will come up with once Scully is done!:eek::eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)