Status
Please reply by conversation.

gizzer777

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2005
none
Just a note Pete;
My friend with the disconnected D* setup wanted to see what a motor drive would look like (he could only imagine my 8 footer along with the positioner, that is bigger in diameter than alot of FTA dishes by itself...loved the idea of FTA (since he had a bad time with Pizza)
They did not want to insult me, but they don't call it a BUD for nada!!!!(yeah, but there is always the cool factor!)

So I took the liberty of capturing Pete's Avatar and sending it too him for reference...it is a neat avatar!

SOLD...HE AND WIFE LOVE IT,...I WILL PUT IT UP IN SPRINGTIME FOR THEM! <and much better looking than my BUD!> He offered to pay a few bucks to help out for my using the Birdog, which he knows is not chicken feed!,....now that is a good friend....especially since I do not chg my friends,,,,thus I would make a rotten dish merchant! (No, They still buy their own equipment)
jeff

Last edited:
Pete's avitar also demonstrates how an SG-2100 or similar motor moves the dish to track the arc, automatically skewing it and setting the elevation properly as it turns! :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts