Petition to remove WFN HD from Dish Network HD Line up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I agree, at least you will get to see some new content. If you don't like fishing don't watch. I don't complain because there is a chiller channel, I don't like scarey movies all the much, but I don't come on here crying to Charlie to remove it. Be happy you are getting new channels. Eventually everything will be HD and it will just be D, and then there will be something like UHD Ultra HD channel, with 1080p or higher, then we will have to listen to everyone complain about why there favorite channel isn't UHD. Wow, get a life people, be happy with what you have and be happy you don't have some small rurual cable company that doesn't even have HD as an option. If you don't like what you have or what they offer, LEAVE!

Quoted for truth. :up

I agree, at least you will get to see some new content.

WOw! I am watching tons of new hd content on WFN right now:rolleyes:

If you don't like fishing don't watch. I don't complain because there is a chiller channel, I don't like scarey movies all the much, but I don't come on here crying to Charlie to remove it. Be happy you are getting new channels. Eventually everything will be HD and it will just be D, and then there will be something like UHD Ultra HD channel, with 1080p or higher, then we will have to listen to everyone complain about why there favorite channel isn't UHD.

you lost me here what are you talking about. You saying too many things at the same time.

Wow, get a life people, be happy with what you have and be happy you don't have some small rurual cable company that doesn't even have HD as an option. If you don't like what you have or what they offer, LEAVE!

I do not think we can be happy with SD fishing programming and paying for it. If you are happy then go and watch the SD fishing program. We like to complain because it is complete crap.

WFN HD should b pretty low bandwidth...

- display index frame of boat and no fish
- no updates needed for 15 minutes until fish comes into frame (ie. no BW)
- brief flurry of bandwidth
- no updates needed for 15 minutes until new Budweiser is needed
- repeat

:D

And people bitched about HD-lite . . .
. . . this is a perfect use for it !

Next year, they'll come out with HDUL
(ultra lite for the imagination-challenged)

That'd make everyone happy! - :D

You should add all the other bandwidth wasting channels that show the same thing all day as well... Speed (Racing 24/7), Golf (golf, 24/7), NBA (Hoops 24/7), etc.
Hey, them's fightin' words, buddy! ;)

. . . But I hear Golf is going HDUL next year . . .

why no one else carry this... why was it not forced on DirecTv... I hope DirecTv does carry crap like this and kind of give the perception that customers are ok with this crap.
sean this channel is carried by bell

who cares dish can put up the channels they want, if you dont like it leave, dont bitch and cry to mommy
the above staement was a genralization directed towards all the compalineers

I see no one complaining about channel 156 sirius(not even music)
why?

From WFN.com: "Get hooked on WFN: World Fishing Network, the only network dedicated 24-hours a day, seven days a week to every single aspect of fishing.

WFN is now available across the United States on Verizon FiOS. To subscribe to WFN with Verizon call 1-888-438-3467 or click here."

Looks like Dish isn't the only one to get hooked! When Direct gets WFN, I'm switching:)

I am not a WFN fan, but its addition to the HD lineup was nothing short of brilliant! Charlie gets to claim and HD channel while consuming the bandwidth of a SD. Now if he could just do that with all the other SD channels, DISH would be back in the HD lead!

Whatever you do, don't threaten to start a class-action suit!! :D

Why not? Didn't they add this channel without our consent? Why should we be held to ma contract that allowed them to do this if we don't like it?

From WFN.com: "Get hooked on WFN: World Fishing Network, the only network dedicated 24-hours a day, seven days a week to every single aspect of fishing.

WFN is now available across the United States on Verizon FiOS. To subscribe to WFN with Verizon call 1-888-438-3467 or click here."

Looks like Dish isn't the only one to get hooked! When Direct gets WFN, I'm switching:)

HD?

sean this channel is carried by bell

who cares dish can put up the channels they want, if you dont like it leave, dont bitch and cry to mommy

why?

Again HD?

why?

Why is it ok to complain about not having a Channel and not to complaint about a channel that is worthless in most point of view here?

It is hard to believe that some here are ok with this crap of channel. I am sure that dish puts up the Bingo HD channel some may not even complaint about it. I hope that Directv does not follow through and give a cent to this channel until it shows at least HD programming.

The ironic part about all of this is that there are member here who pride themselves as dish followers and dish adding only compelling HD content but the WFN has turned out to be a thorn on their side since it has not any HD programming. I asked once more where is the compelling HD programming.

Last edited:
If you don't like what you have or what they offer, WORK TO CHANGE IT! Be a real American consumer. Don't just sit around and take it.

I'm getting my HD turned on Thursday.. almost called and told them thanks but no thanks once I saw Voom and more specifically Monsters HD was taken off. (As my bad luck would have it, the channel was taken off within a day or two of me signing up for HD)

Instead I decided to not switch to Direct TV.. at least for now..

In terms of this fishing channel, I obviously can't say much about it.. because well I don't yet have HD programming.

I will say that the channel sounds pretty lame, but to be fair Speed HD sound equally lame to me. I'll never get the appeal of racing.. though I suppose it all comes down to perspective.

I'm all for getting rid of this channel... I just hope speed hd isn't it's replacement.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)