Petition to remove WFN HD from Dish Network HD Line up

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Charlie gets to claim and HD channel while consuming the bandwidth of a SD.

Where do people get this idea?

It is an HD stream. Therefore it does not "consume the bandwidth of an SD channel".

Because of the side bars (and as Zim pointed out...complete lack of action :D ), it probably consumes less bandwidth than other HD channels. But it still takes 3 to 4 times the bandwidth of SD.

It's called UPconverting, not SIDEconverting

Appears not to be, but the programming is the same: A fish by any other resolution is still just a fish.

Wrong. It's taking up bandwidth that could be used for another HD channel.

If it was SD and crammed onto a transponder with 15 other SD channels, I don't think anyone would complain. OK, they would, because people around here complain about everything. But I wouldn't be defending them.

I'm all for getting rid of this channel... I just hope speed hd isn't it's replacement.

They are both worthless to me, but there's a big difference. Customers are demanding the racing channel. People didn't even know WFN existed. Even the fishermen won't defend it.

The only problem I have with people complaining about what channels are added is that 2 years ago how many HD channels were there? 5 years ago? You are complaining about getting something, they didn't raise your price did they? They didn't take away any channels to add that channel did they? (by the way, that channel was added before voom was removed so don't even try that line.) Did they make you mad because they didn't add something you specifically asked for? Alot of people like to fish, heck there is alot of money involved in the whole fishing industry. So if you want to watch the channel watch it, if you don't then don't. But as I said before, they added content, I see no point in complaining about something when they add something, exspecially when it doesn't cost anything to you. I personally don't care if you watch it, I will probley watch it from time to time to see whats going on with fishing, heck maybe I might learn to be a better fisherman? In conclusion, don't complain when you getting something for free.

I was wondering how long it would take a survey like this to show up in jest or not. But I'll tell ya... I could pick a whole slew of channels Dish should get rid of. And I dont mean just the shopping channels. Maybe half of everything they have. I will check it out when its available but Speed-HD has zero interest for me right now and I dont see the reason to carry it. Still... a great many people do want it so I see the appeal. I dont recall however anyone clamoring for Dish to reel in HD fishing. (Ok yes very bad pun :D)

even at the last retailer's chat the vp of dish laughed a little bit when he mentioned the addition of this channel.

Laughing at our expense. Who does he think is paying for this crap?

that's right! this is embarrassing. who's making the decisions down there anyways? one person? a group? it's a disgrace when one of the guys from E has to hold back laughter when he mentions this addition.

Being a HD only sub, I would at least expect SOME HD content on a channel defined by Dish as an HD channel! I have yet to see any HD on WFN.... This channel should be shoved down to a SD MPEG4 channel to reduce it's bandwidth.

I usually don't watch TOON, DIS, etc but at least they have some HD content for those that do...

Someone also mentioned the MUSIC channel, it is SD advert. channel, not HD....

even if I did fish more than once every 14 years there is no way in hell I would ever watch fishing on tv. Even in UBERHIGH definition.

you're a fan of WFN HEMI?
HELL NO ! But I'm not a fan of Universal HD ,but you don't hear me complaining about the channel being in the lineup.

This is NOT Directed at you, "Rey_1178"
I mean Com Off it already!. I would bet anyone here , This thread wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for E* dropping the "other" HD channels. This is just another thread , Saying"" E, Why did you drop this ,FOR THIS?"" I'm not even going to say that HD word. This isn't any different then, ""All this NEW HD we got, and it Doesn't even show any HD"". Like it would be any different then the other Network HD channels That we already Had. That was Just another Classic, " E* You Dropped this HD for This HD" Give it a REST Already. Edit your favorites list for crying out loud!

seriously ;) it is like day and night when one makes an analogy between the two as WFN is far from being in the same league...;)
yep I agree that WFN and Voom arent in the same league, I miss Monsters, and RAVE and a couple others, and YES I WAS THAT ONE PERSON THAT WATCHED GAMEPLAY! :D I have yet to watch a second of WFN, but if it brings more subscribers to dish, then I am all for it, but I would love to see Voom back (well at least some of them)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)