Peyton Manning Storms off field after loss

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
And so it's no surprise that Manning and Wayne weren't in particularly good spirits after the game, and that they went straight to the locker room instead of sticking around on the field afterward to offer post-game handshakes to the Saints.
Manning, Wayne skipped post-game handshakes | ProFootballTalk.com

Funny how this isn't receiving NEARLY the same attention as it did when LeBron James did it. Hmmmmm.......

I didn't have a problem when LeBron didn't shake and I don't have an issue with Peyton Manning not shaking hands either.

A competitor puts so much hard work and effort into a big game in what some refer to as "a battle" and when you lose, you're disappointed and mentally drained. This was never an issue in the old days. I guarantee you Larry Bird wasn't offering hugs and kisses to Magic Johnson seconds after being defeated either.

The only reason this is even a discussion is because we've become so sensitive to people's feelings and it's become the politically correct thing to do. What's wrong with being pissed for a little while?

Since the heat of battle and sting of defeat have worn off though, both Peyton and LeBron have offered their congratulations. This is a non-issue IMO.

I'm with you, HDMM. I just find it funny that LeBron was crucified in the media (and on this board) for not shaking hands, and Manning/Wayne haven't received near the amount of attention for doing the exact same thing.

Teardrops look bigger in HD

I think he didn't want a camera in his face to see the tears. I don't think more or less of him because of it. I do believe if the Saints would have lost that Brees would have stayed on the field long enough to shake Mannings hand. Just my 2 cents..

I'm with you, HDMM. I just find it funny that LeBron was crucified in the media (and on this board) for not shaking hands, and Manning/Wayne haven't received near the amount of attention for doing the exact same thing.

Good point. I haven't actually heard of Peyton walking off the field until you posted about it this morning. Kind of ironic one gets crucified and the subject beaten to death while you hear nothing about Peyton.

Brees says Manning reached out after game | ProFootballTalk.com

"I was able to talk to him after the game, just text messaging," Brees said. "Obviously, I have a lot of respect for him and I know that he was definitely congratulatory toward our team."

Brees doesn't think anyone should interpret Manning going straight to the locker room as a slight.

"Peyton's a class guy," Brees said. "He definitely reached out."

He should have stayed on the field. The coach did, why can't he.

i had no issue when lebron didn't and i don't have an issue with peyton not shaking hands either. he was obviously very upset. who am I to judge someone else on something like this if i have no idea what it feels like ? we all need to take things like this a little less seriously. in reality most of us don't know how we would react under some of these circumstances. i don't feel sorry for any of these athletes but i'm certainly not going to judge them over something like this either

i had no issue when lebron didn't and i don't have an issue with peyton not shaking hands either. he was obviously very upset. who am I to judge someone else on something like this if i have no idea what it feels like ? we all need to take things like this a little less seriously. in reality most of us don't know how we would react under some of these circumstances. i don't feel sorry for any of these athletes but i'm certainly not going to judge them over something like this either
:eek: WHAT!!?? Then you are no fun!:p:D

It was classless from Lebron and just as classless from Manning. I did hear about it because I was at the game.
I agree. As PO'ed as he was even Tom Brady had enough class to congratulate Manning after their famous loss to the Colts this year. :up

peyton.jpg

It's amazing how someone can defend Tiger Woods over and over and over again, but call Peyton Manning and Lebron James classless. Right. :rolleyes:

Time for a reality check.

Sandra

It's amazing how someone can defend Tiger Woods over and over and over again, but call Peyton Manning and Lebron James classless. Right. :rolleyes:

Time for a reality check.

Sandra

GOD you are so close to being called a.....AY CARAMBA!!!:mad::mad::mad::censored::censored:

I have NOT DEFENDED what he has done....NEVER EVER have I defended what he has done. PLEASE READ the previous line. AGAIN!!! What I HAVE defended is HIS RIGHT to privacy. I mean at least have the intelligence to be correct when you try to call me out or make me look bad.....:rolleyes:

And THEIR ACT was classless. I know many fiends that I care about that have done classless acts. I am sure you have done your share.:rolleyes:

You 2 need to just ignore each other and then the problem would be solved. :D

I agree. As PO'ed as he was even Tom Brady had enough class to congratulate Manning after their famous loss to the Colts this year. :up

peyton.jpg
first,can't compare that game to a super bowl loss and 2nd why should it be that important to US?? :confused:

IMO, you can't compare the Super Bowl to any other event..............After the game ends there's confetti flying, hats and t-shirts distributed to the victors, media circling the field and in general, all kinds of bedlam.

Peyton reached out postgame..............he deserves a pass here.

IMO, you can't compare the Super Bowl to any other event..............After the game ends there's confetti flying, hats and t-shirts distributed to the victors, media circling the field and in general all sorts of bedlam.

Peyton reached out postgame..............he deserves a pass here.

He realized what he did was wrong....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts