Peyton Manning

Apparently, I read in Twitter(according to Schefter), the Jags offered a 4th and was willing to pay just about ALL of the bounty that the Broncos wanted. But Tebow chose the JETS.

Interesting

Apparently, I read in Twitter(according to Schefter), the Jags offered a 4th and was willing to pay just about ALL of the bounty that the Broncos wanted. But Tebow chose the JETS.

Interesting
An interesting read:

Everything we know about Tebow — the piety, the desire to be a starter, the proximity to home — would lead Tebow to pick the Jaguars. But he didn't. He picked the Jets. We can come up with three reasons:
1. His agent. Tebow's agent is Jimmy Sexton, who is also the rep for Rex Ryan and offensive coordinator Tony Sparano. We are certain Sexton made a hard pro-Jets pitch. We're not sure Tebow coming here is such a great move for Sparano and (especially) Ryan, but Tebow is the client who brings in the most cash.
2. The Jets have a better chance of winning the Super Bowl. Tough to argue that the Jets will be in it, but they definitely have a better supporting cast than the Jaguars. Tebow might not be the starting quarterback — yet — but the Jets are in fact closer to a championship than the Jaguars are. That is not a towering hurdle to make it over, but it's something.
3. A wider net with which to catch fish for the Lord. The thing about Tebow's Christianity is that it's different than most players'. Most players thank the Lord for touchdowns and an occasional meal, and then go along acting like the rich twentysomethings they are, but Tebow has been taught from birth that the most important thing he can do in his life is spread the Gospel. You might like this or you might not, but it is not fake or insincere. Tebow firmly believes he can inspire people for Jesus through his play and through his conduct under the brightest spotlight possible. His parents prepared him for this. This is what he has always wanted. In this way, New York was always a logical destination. There are many souls that need saving here, and there are more people watching here than anywhere else. For Tebow, this is where he can do the most good.

We suspect this last one was what got him here.
So Why Did Tebow Pick the Jets Again? -- The Sports Section

the same can be said about the players. loyalty doesn't exist for either side. it is a business and i'm sure they are all aware of that for quite some time now. if you're gullible then be prepared to get hurt a lot in professional sports.

Fans as well, Wimbley and others aren't a 'team player' because they won't restructure contracts that they shouldn't have been offered to begin with.

Fans as well, Wimbley and others aren't a 'team player' because they won't restructure contracts that they shouldn't have been offered to begin with.

But at the same token, who knows that the player didn't take advantage of a senile old man by saying the right things.

...ya NEVER know. Things are NEVER as "black and white" as they seem on paper.

But at the same token, who knows that the player didn't take advantage of a senile old man by saying the right things.

...ya NEVER know. Things are NEVER as "black and white" as they seem on paper.

A senile old man... right. Wow. Even Raiders fans finally throwing Al under the bus when convenient. So much for "Al is gone. Why harp anymore what he would have done or not done?" - your words.

A senile old man... right. Wow. Even Raiders fans finally throwing Al under the bus when convenient. So much for "Al is gone. Why harp anymore what he would have done or not done?" - your words.

IT is my words. But Al was senile and getting worse BECAUSE HE WAS OLD. That IS a sickness that old people DO GET. Please do not be naive to think that players have not taken advantage of Al Davis as he has gotten older. YEAH, Al is gone...but like any other old person, his grasp on things was not very good.

My father-in-law was 82 and was senile when he passed away..and he did not run a major franchise like the Oakland Raiders...and we barely let him hold the remote control of the TV or use a butter knife.

You do not follow the team as closely as I do. :rolleyes:

What the Broncos should do now is,if they aren't already going to draft a QB,like Branden Weedon,in this year's draft(because they do need to plan a future without Peyton Manning),is sign Vince Young as their back up QB. Vince Young(& Brandon Weeden) is(are) young enough to learn behind Peyton to be able to take over when he retires finally,& VY could also run the spread option plays that the Broncos had for Tebow in certain situations.

For the "budget-conscious" & those who fear a clash of the "cults of personality," Brandon Weeden would be the acceptable choice as back up for Peyton Manning. He's salary cap friendly & nobody would be calling for him to come into the game if Peyton had a bad game. Also the world as we know it would not end if Peyton & Weeden were on the same team unlike the Apocalyptic doomsday fears of the fabric of the universe & the space/time continuum unravelling(unbalance of the Yin & Yang & very un-Feng Shui) with Peyton & Andrew Luck or Peyton & Tebow being together on the same team.

Other than I do not condone this attitude,there's nothing else I can say but to let the article speak for itself. Peyton Manning had no control over John Elway trading away Tim Tebow. Getting rid of Tebow was something Elway wanted to do all along,signing Manning just allowed him the avenue to accomplish it. I have all the respect in the world for John Elway the football player(I can say the same thing for O.J. Simpson the football player),it's John Elway the businessman I cannot stand.

Pat Robertson believes Peyton Manning should get hurt this year
Pat Robertson believes Peyton Manning should get hurt this year | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

I would still say that,contrary to Elway saying that there is no "Plan B," for the short term sign Vince Young & hope that he behaves himself for the first season & hopefully the second one as well. At the same time,draft either Brock Osweiler,Brandon Weeden,or Kirk Cousins,if any one of the three is available in the 2nd,3rd,or later rounds,groom the one of them you drafted to be Peyton's successor,& then tell VY,"thanks for your services."

How I'm about to describe Vince Young will probably contradict why the Broncos should sign him,but I believe that he is worth the short time risk as back up QB. If the Dolphin's Matt Moore is described as a hand grenade that can explode on you(on his team) at any minute in self destruction,then Vince Young is the World War II bomb that you'd occasionally find buried in European cities during construction work,that you have to stop all construction work & call in the bomb squad to defuse it,because it may or may not explode(could be a dud),but you have to stop everything you are doing to take care of it because it may very well explode & cause massive damage.

Last edited:
Peyton "freaking" Manning!!

:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha:haha

:first:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)