Peyton Manning

Just like Peyton deciding on Denver, the trade of Tebow to the Jets, makes no sense to me.

The Jets have Tony Sparano who engineered the Wildcat offense for the Dolphins. Tim Tebow will inspire the Jets to play better,he'll certainly inspire Mark Sanchez to perform better than he did last season so he doesn't end up like Kyle Orton.

I am mildly surprised in light of Sanchez's contract extension----but maybe I should not be the jets have given hints before that they were looking.

Geronimo said:
I am mildly surprised in light of Sanchez's contract extension----but maybe I should not be the jets have given hints before that they were looking.

Even after the extension, the Jets can dump Sanchez after this year with little or no penalty.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Just the $20.5M in guaranteed money and the cap hit for it....

I suppose it does allow them to move one of their current QBs----maybe even Sanchez. In the end it is not that amazing I guess but I would have thought that Tebow would command a bit more-----but I guess not.

So essentially, Denver is trading a first round pick two years ago for a 4th round pick this year.

Yep. That's what it looks like to me.

And people wonder about PLAYER loyalty. Just a couple of months back, Elway had stated that Tebow "had earned being a starter" coming into the OTAs/next season's training camp.

As I have said before, loyalty is a 2 way street.

Yep. That's what it looks like to me.

And people wonder about PLAYER loyalty. Just a couple of months back, Elway had stated that Tebow "had earned being a starter" coming into the OTAs/next season's training camp.

As I have said before, loyalty is a 2 way street.
You do remember we're talking about Peyton Manning, right?? If Tebow can't be replaced by Manning, who could replace him??

So essentially, Denver is trading a first round pick two years ago for a 4th round pick this year.

That's one of the reasons why McDaniels is gone.tebow should've never been drafted in the first round. The pick received a lot of criticism at the time and deservedly so.

You do remember we're talking about Peyton Manning, right?? If Tebow can't be replaced by Manning, who could replace him??

I understand that totally. But I find it funny how these upper management type sometimes preach 'men of their word', 'my word is my bond' type of thing..and as soon as the 'prettier girl' shows up... that bond is broken.

it is what it is...

the same can be said about the players. loyalty doesn't exist for either side. it is a business and i'm sure they are all aware of that for quite some time now. if you're gullible then be prepared to get hurt a lot in professional sports.

I understand that totally. But I find it funny how these upper management type sometimes preach 'men of their word', 'my word is my bond' type of thing..and as soon as the 'prettier girl' shows up... that bond is broken.

it is what it is...
Do you think back when Elway said Tebow would be the OTAs/RC starting QB he had any idea that the Broncos would be in play for Manning?? At the time, Elway had no better option. Plus, saying he's the OTAs starting QB certainly does not make it etched in stone for the season.

Do you think back when Elway said Tebow would be the OTAs/RC starting QB he had any idea that the Broncos would be in play for Manning?? At the time, Elway had no better option. Plus, saying he's the OTAs starting QB certainly does not make it etched in stone for the season.

I understand totally what your saying. But then again, people(not necessarily you) cannot get all pissy if a player looks for money 1st, championships 2nd.

Tebow trade to the Jets has hit a snag. According to the NFL network,the Broncos paid an advance to Tebow on his contract that the Jets didn't know about & would owe the Broncos. So now the Jets want to renegotiate the deal for less(there goes the 4th round draft pick). Hmmmm,does that mean the Broncos will have to release Tebow?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)