Peyton Manning

Although I can imagine that the residents of Salem,Mass. would have a major hissy fit if Tebow came to New England(just like I'm sure that Boulder,Co was freaking out,& why San Francisco would go into hysterical spasms,& NOT in a good way,if he came to them). Their heads would be spinning & they'd be vomiting green pea soup if he came to the Patriots

He could be a multi-role player for the Patriots: H-Back in the backfield with Brady as QB,he'd be the ultimate Wildcat back for the Patriots,& I believe that Bill Belichick covets him just as much as McDaniels does.

Tim Tebow Makes Sense for the New England Patriots: A Fan’s Take
Tim Tebow Makes Sense for the New England Patriots: A Fan's Take - NFL - Yahoo! Sports

Let's be serious,Chad Ochocinco(now Johnson?) made sense,but Tebow doesn't? The Patriots are amassing offensive weapons in Brandon Lloyd & Donte Stallworth,Tim Tebow,as a rusher,would be icing on the cake. Maybe the Patriots can trade Ochocinco/Johnson to the Broncos for Tebow(because Elway just wants Tebow GONE,period) which will give Manning another "offensive(?)" weapon. Maybe the Broncos should also go after Terrell Owens,Tiki Barber,& Albert Haynesworth.

What does the Ochocinco signing have to do with a posible Tebow acquisition?

The Pats needed a deep threat and signed Ochocinco (which failed miserably, BTW). Remind me again why they need Tebow.

What does the Ochocinco signing have to do with a posible Tebow acquisition?

The Pats needed a deep threat and signed Ochocinco (which failed miserably, BTW). Remind me again why they need Tebow.
Wasn't newest Patriot Donte Stallworth convicted of manslaughter? Why no uproar over that? It would be interesting if the possibility of Tim Tebow going to the Patriots causes more anger & controversy than the signing of Stallworth,my only question is why?

Randy Moss,Chad Ochocinco,Albert Haynesworth..........but Belichik doesn't want the drama with Tim Tebow,really,REALLY?
I think The circus around tebow is unlike anything else I've ever seen in the nfl especially over an average player at best.

How about a Tebow for Gabbert swap?

Tebow goes to Jacksonville and instantly puts fannies in the seats.

Gabbert goes to Denver and learns from one of the best to ever play the position.

Wasn't newest Patriot Donte Stallworth convicted of manslaughter? Why no uproar over that? It would be interesting if the possibility of Tim Tebow going to the Patriots causes more anger & controversy than the signing of Stallworth,my only question is why?

You're the only one talking about uproars, witches and green pea soup. :confused:

Last edited:
I think The circus around tebow is unlike anything else I've ever seen in the nfl especially over an average player at best.

If Jeremy Lin was rumored to be traded to the Celtics,would the reactions be as negative("don't need him,don't want him") as the reactions seem to be about Tim Tebow? I bet Rex Ryan of the Jets wouldn't mind having him,I would not be surprised if the Steelers felt the same way. The other 31 teams in the NFL will act like Rick Kevin Harrison of "Pawn Stars" trying to low ball a deal for him,& then be all over him if the Broncos release him outright.

Other teams do want Tebow,they just want him for nothing without having to give up anything for him(I'm just waiting for the smart.... saying that they'd have to give up a roster spot for him).

But anyway,this is about Peyton Manning & hopefully he will be successful in Denver. Charley Johnson,Craig Morton,& now Peyton Manning,all were older than 35 when they started their careers in Denver.

If Jeremy Lin was rumored to be traded to the Celtics,would the reactions be as negative("don't need him,don't want him") as the reactions seem to be about Tim Tebow? I bet Rex Ryan of the Jets wouldn't mind having him,I would not be surprised if the Steelers felt the same way. The other 31 teams in the NFL will act like Rick Kevin Harrison of "Pawn Stars" trying to low ball a deal for him,& then be all over him if the Broncos release him outright.
What does a basketball player have to do with tebow? Say and believe what you want but you're not gonna convince me otherwise about tebow.

Last comment on Tebow,everybody knows that Elway wants to dump Tebow. The other 31 teams should force the Broncos to release Tim Tebow outright. Offer the Broncos no more than the last pick of the draft(this means you too,Dolphins). Do the old Pawn Stars."what are you looking to get out of him?" When the Broncos name their price for Tebow,say,"aint going to happen,I'll give you $100.00 & that's my final offer(unless the Broncos say $100.00,then go much lower)."

So, does Alex Smith go back to the 49ers, or sign with Miami ?

That would be a huge step backwards for the 49'ers if they can't get a quality Starting QB.

royrdsjr said:
Although I can imagine that the residents of Salem,Mass. would have a major hissy fit if Tebow came to New England(just like I'm sure that Boulder,Co was freaking out,& why San Francisco would go into hysterical spasms,& NOT in a good way,if he came to them). Their heads would be spinning & they'd be vomiting green pea soup if he came to the Patriots

What does that have to do with the price of bananas?

I think that like Manning,Tebow will end up with a good deal with another team,the only losers in the deal will be the Broncos,as I don't think that any other team will,or should,give them ANYTHING for Tebow.

Best idea I've heard today!

What, no appetite for pea soup?? :eek:
animated-smileys-puking-04.gif

Let's be honest,maybe the Colts saved money by releasing Manning,but as far as players &/or draft choices in return,they obviously got zip. Andrew Luck has been thrusted into a nightmare(at least for the foreseeable future),Manning maybe to another Super Bowl,immediate winners are the Broncos. Maybe in the future Andrew Luck will lead the Colts to the playoffs & Super Bowl,but it looks like history will just repeat itself with the Colts,the Broncos hosed them again(first with Elway,now with Manning).

There is no other "quality" QB out there for the 49ers than Alex Smith.

Tom Condon did a great job for Payton Manning and Alex Smith.
Payton got by some reports 95 mil, 5 mil more than the 90 mil reported last week.
Alex Smith was offered 24 mil for 3 years and wanted more and will get more from San Fran or Miami.
I have a hard time believing that anything except money is the reason Manning is in Denver.
Tom Condon directed Smith to go to Miami to drive up the price for his services to San Fran or Miami knowing Manning was going to sign with Denver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts