PG not showing up (but it's back as of this am)

Like sevesral of you, I had my box lock up last night for the very first time since the new software upgrade a few weeks ago. And then still no program guide.

I just called Voom tech support (6:15am pacific) and was told that the program guide was down.

Shelly

Same here. I was trying to get 711 to show up in the PG for the fight I had ordered and was told by Customer Service to reboot and unplug. That was yesterday and it erased my PG info and didn't add 711. I called back, rebooted again and still no 711 or PG info. Called again and was told it may take 24 hours to get the PG back. I left the box off last night and this morning I have 711 and no PG info. I am afraid to reboot and lose 711 now!

it's back now after doing a (no power 10 seconds-pull plug) re boot...this is weird..and my box was "hit" yesterday..wonder if it's only people who were hit for boxing or another reason????

Mines *back*. I say *back* cause this is the 1st time I've had it ;) And it looks like I got the software upgrade last night.

Mine does the same thing, locks up, and then you reset. No program guide during that time. Does everyone's lockup this is CRAZY VOOM! GOD! :mad:

PG probs...

Turned everything on about 9:00 last night and had no PG info for any channels (OTA or Sat). I did have the channel names (except for the OTA channels). I restarted the box and it didn't seem to help. I checked around 10:00 and noticed it was all back (including OTA channels). Honestly, I can live with them tweaking the PQ for a while. It's understandable they'd be having a few issues with PQ being a new service and all. But why all the friggin problems with the Program Guide!!?? I mean, people have been offering PGs for many YEARS now. You'd think that would be one thing they'd be able to get right! If anything would make me cancel Voom it would be them not getting that worked out. Having that many channels without knowing what's on (unless you print a guide out) is useless to me.

I'm totally frustrated with this issue and I've only been Vooming for a little less than 3 weeks now. As I said, I can understand PQ problems, it would make sense they wouldn't have it perfect 100% of the time out of the box. But there is no rhyme or reason for the PG problems. This is what's so frustrating. Everytime I turn the set on I wonder, "Hmm, will I have PG info tonight..." I shouldn't have to deal with this in this day and age...

The Rickster

P.S. I'm not even talking about the fact it took 2 weeks to get any PG info AT ALL for OTA channels (EXCEPT PBS!!). Still don't know why it's working.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

GadgetRick said:
Turned everything on about 9:00 last night and had no PG info for any channels (OTA or Sat). I did have the channel names (except for the OTA channels). I restarted the box and it didn't seem to help. I checked around 10:00 and noticed it was all back (including OTA channels). Honestly, I can live with them tweaking the PQ for a while. It's understandable they'd be having a few issues with PQ being a new service and all. But why all the friggin problems with the Program Guide!!?? I mean, people have been offering PGs for many YEARS now. You'd think that would be one thing they'd be able to get right! If anything would make me cancel Voom it would be them not getting that worked out. Having that many channels without knowing what's on (unless you print a guide out) is useless to me.

I'm totally frustrated with this issue and I've only been Vooming for a little less than 3 weeks now. As I said, I can understand PQ problems, it would make sense they wouldn't have it perfect 100% of the time out of the box. But there is no rhyme or reason for the PG problems. This is what's so frustrating. Everytime I turn the set on I wonder, "Hmm, will I have PG info tonight..." I shouldn't have to deal with this in this day and age...

The Rickster

P.S. I'm not even talking about the fact it took 2 weeks to get any PG info AT ALL for OTA channels (EXCEPT PBS!!). Still don't know why it's working.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Rick, the PG has been very steady in the past. We never had an issue with it. It recently started having these episodes. So hang in there, it will be go back to where it was (hopefully).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts