Explain this????It's dated today

lovooming

Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
Microsoft Announces Leading Broadcast Companies to Deploy Products and Services Based on Windows Media 9 Series

Rainbow DBS's Satellite Service VOOM, U.S. Digital Television and Akimbo to Support Windows Media 9 Series; Submission of VC-9 to SMPTE Reaches Committee Draft Status

LAS VEGAS -- April 19, 2004 -- Today at NAB2004, Microsoft Corp. announced that leading broadcast companies are developing or deploying tools and services that support Microsoft® Windows Media® 9 Series. Among the companies adopting Windows Media 9 Series for its high quality and compression efficiency are Rainbow DBS, the satellite services division of Cablevision Systems Corp.; Akimbo Systems; Shanghai Broadcasting Lab; and U.S. Digital Television Inc. (USDTV).

Rainbow DBS's satellite service, VOOM, is the first television service to offer a comprehensive array of high-definition (HD) programming to customers throughout the continental United States. VOOM will use Windows Media 9 Series as one of the compression technologies to expand its available satellite capacity for HD offerings from more than 30 to more than 60 channels. VOOM plans to roll out advanced codecs beginning with standard definition (SD) later this year and HD next year.

"We are extremely impressed by the compression capabilities of Windows Media 9 Series," said Bill Casamo, executive vice president of sales and marketing at Rainbow DBS. "With over 30 HD channels, VOOM is already delivering far more HD programming than any other cable or satellite provider. Utilizing these codecs, among others, within our network will allow VOOM customers to experience even more high-quality HD programming, as well as SD programming, and will support the growth and addition of new services over the next few years."

I cant post the link but I did a yahoo search on voom alternatives.

and today is the 18th...not the 19th (unless you live in Japan or something where it already is Tuesday)

you mean it's not 2004? Oh no I've been living in the wrong year :D

Iceberg said:
and today is the 18th...not the 19th (unless you live in Japan or something where it already is Tuesday)

Don't forget New Zealand and Australia.

It is a good thing that lovooming has a good sense of humor. You guys are murder.

gutter said:
It is a good thing that lovooming has a good sense of humor. You guys are murder.

Shhhhhh!
Don't even mention Daylight Savings TIme to him, it will kill him!

Well, his oversight was not as bad as mine when after going through the Wendy's drive up window then realizing it was not what I ordered I whipped around the parking lot, parked the car, went inside the building and handed the bag to the girl at the counter while angrily explaining why I was returning the order..After patiently waiting and hearing me out she stated, "of course this is not what you ordered sir. You need to take this next door to Wendy's where you purchased it. This is Burger King." Talk about embarrassment! :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)