Wow!!! It is Eerily quiet on this board today

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I had a feeling this was going to happen...or not happen. You get your hopes up high...only to be let down.

I think I have gotten MORE info from this site than the so-called experts on ANY of the financial television or website.
How pathetic is that?!!

rang1995 said:
Inside the meeting room

Or maybe it went something like this ....:D

(there had been something here)

edit- Dang- the image got blocked. Nevermind....

vinnyv07 said:
I had a feeling this was going to happen...or not happen. You get your hopes up high...only to be let down.
Well, that just about sums up the whole Voom experience now doesn't it?

Don't pick on ChetK...He is a good guy and was a VOOM sub. He has a critical eye for PQ, but that is off topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyv07

ChetK said:
Well, that just about sums up the whole Voom experience now doesn't it?

No, I'm very pleased with my whole Voom experience! From ordering, to install, to my current service. :)

I think the thing is that most people on this forum have an unrealistic expectation of being able to get news updates whenever they want them. Most businesses don't communicate everything they discuss, the details of their future plans, etc. They often try to keep as much confidential as possible until shortly before releasing a new product or making a major change, as much for competitive reasons as anything else. But also because releasing information to the general public too far in advance is not productive, and it is often counterproductive if something doesn't work out. As long as customers are still getting what they're paying for, they have done nothing wrong.

The thing here is that there are a lot of people watching every move and reporting on it here for everyone to see. And there are also some inside reports (or reports from people close to some of the events). People here get used to seeing new information published quickly and develop unrealistic expectations that this will always be the case, and then get upset when it's not.

Chances are that Charles Dolan has a lot of things in the works with replacing the board, getting the new members up to speed on things, giving them time to make informed decisions and give prudent advice, plus all the negotiating he probably has going on. So I'm not too surprised that there was nothing announced, especially if Dolan didn't make a lot of progress on getting what he wanted from Ergen regarding Rainbow1 (not to mention that a 1 week reprieve is pretty quick for something that would probably involve lawyers on both sides, that always slows things down), or if he had to consider an alternate strategy due to his recent actions.

Yeah I personally would hope that they would update their own employees before the entire country. With the meeting getting out at 3 Eastern, I doubt they had the time to develop & write the kind of letter that needs to be written in this type of situation to their employees... I think any one here working here in a big business environment could relate - sometimes memo's are written and reviewed countless times before routed.

I'd be pretty upset as a Voom employee if I found out about my employment future through the evening news rather than from my company CEO.

THAT would be pretty unprofessional.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)