Phase lll dish and 119

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kalasing

Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
I just install this dish and I'm unable to get 119. I have Toshiba receiver and when
I do autoconfig, it only detect 2 lnb dish. And even when I choose the 3 lnb in setup, I still don't get signal on 119.

I'm not familiar with skew, do you set it by rotating the dish clockwise?

I just set the elevation and azimuth, is the skew the problem or bad lnb?

Thanks in advance.

1. Your mast must be 100% plumb and level to continue.
2. Set your location specific skew & elevation mark and leave them alone.
3. Use a heading compass to eyeball your location specific azimuth.
4. If no signal is decent, bump it and give it a few seconds to register.
5. Once signal is peaked (88+) snug it.

I would continue to use the manual selection of 3 LNB setup.

Your receiver can give you the correct co-ords, or post your zip here to make sure the ones you have are correct.

Phase llll dish and 119

(Your receiver can give you the correct co-ords, or post your zip here to make sure the ones you have are correct.)
Zip is 97236. Hope to find the skew and elevation for phase lll dish.
Thanks

I am having the same problem Kalasing... Are you using a regular directv receiver (non-HD), I am wondering if we have to have a HD receiver in order to properly mount the 3 lnb dish..

Can anyone confirm if non-hd receivers are able to successfully complete dish setup?

all current directv IRDS can recieve the 101,110 and 119 slots

go to set up , go to 3 lnb, (any kind)

lock in the 101(it HAS to be locked, or the IRD will not lock) peak the 119, as long as the 101 is on at LEAST 90 the 119 SHOULD be 95+ and the 110 HAS TO BE at least 85

Last edited:
Dragon-
I was able to connect to SAT B-C but not A, I actually got 98 signal strength on both B & C. The other odd thing was, when trying to view a channel it displayed the error "current S atellite select is incorrect, unable to connect".

Also, I have taken the correct steps for getting the tilt, azimuth by selecting my zip code and such. Seems I might be missing a simple step, any suggestions?

Thanks..

I did a little tweaking on my dish and when I go to set up and do autoconfig, still
detect 2 lnb dish, but I get signal on 119 but not 110.

I change the dish to 3 lnb in set up and I get 110 but not 119.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like neither of you are hitting the correct satellite during setup. Use 101 to setup the dish. Don't worry about 110 or 119 until AFTER you get 101 in and confirmed at 88 or higher.

Raise/Lower the elavation, depending on wherere you live, ran into this problem a while ago, on an install, recgonizes signal, but not all 3 birds, take yer time, friend
sweep the dish, unplug the rec. occ. find 110 and 101 and 119 should be locked. Got trees in the distance?

Dragon-

Not sure I understand you verbiage "all current directv IRDS can receive the 101,110 and 119 slots" would this translate in my question "Will the 3 lnb dish work and allow setup on a regular (non-hd) receiver?"

Just making sure I have the correct equipment. I haven't gotten a chance to redo the dish setup.

Thanks

I have a Phase III 3 LNB dish. I have one regular reciever, 1 SD TV with 2 connections ,and an HD reciever and they all 3 get all 3 sattalite signals.

We do them everyday, more D10's and 11's with that dish, than HD's. Make sure you are looking at the right transponders when looking at different sats too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HD Signals from the New Ka Sats

Adding receiver without phone line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts