Phillies on Directv alternative

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Oh I see... Well I've looked on youtube and it looks extremely simple to jailbreak with just one click. Is it just as easy to un jailbreak it? What are some advantages of doing it?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
The process is more than one click. If you want to do it PM me and I will give you the links and the directions. What you see on YouTube maybe for older versions and different JB software.

Yes, it is easy to unjailbreak. You simply restore your phone or reinstall the OS.

Advantage is to open your phone up to do more than apple allows. It opens it up to many more APPs through the Cydia APP store as well.

I don't mean to turn this into a jail breaking discussion but you guys seem to really know what your talking about. Doesn't jailbreaking void your warranty? What are some of the major advantages of doing it, disadvantages? Thanks much for your help.

Like DodgerKing said the advantage is more control over your iPhone. It gives you options and settings not available in the pure iOS. It also gives you access to apps like this location spoofer that Apple would never allow in their app store.

The major disadvantage and the reason I have stayed on the pure iOS so far is supposedly some of these apps cause decreased stability and battery life. Part of Apple approving apps for its store is checking to make sure they are stable. These jailbreak only apps aren't approved by Apple. From what I hear most of them are just as high quality as anything in the apple store. Some aren't. There are websites like imore.com that are completely devoted to idevices similar to this site with satellite. They have pros and cons as well as step by step instructions for jailbreaking as well as basically anything else you could want to know about the iPhone and iPad.

So far I haven't wanted anything apple doesn't have bad enough to possibly take a battery life or stability hit. I think location spoofer for watching Tigers games on my iPhone will probably be the app that gets me to try it.

Like DodgerKing said the advantage is more control over your iPhone. It gives you options and settings not available in the pure iOS. It also gives you access to apps like this location spoofer that Apple would never allow in their app store.

The major disadvantage and the reason I have stayed on the pure iOS so far is supposedly some of these apps cause decreased stability and battery life. Part of Apple approving apps for its store is checking to make sure they are stable. These jailbreak only apps aren't approved by Apple. From what I hear most of them are just as high quality as anything in the apple store. Some aren't. There are websites like imore.com that are completely devoted to idevices similar to this site with satellite. They have pros and cons as well as step by step instructions for jailbreaking as well as basically anything else you could want to know about the iPhone and iPad.

So far I haven't wanted anything apple doesn't have bad enough to possibly take a battery life or stability hit. I think location spoofer for watching Tigers games on my iPhone will probably be the app that gets me to try it.

Thanks for your help. I'll check out the site. I'm still deciding whether id like to do it or not. My ipad two is just about 2 months old so I may hold off for a bit yet. The only app id be interested in as well would be the location spoofer, but it's not vital because I already have one on my droid bionic.

Thanks for your help. I'll check out the site. I'm still deciding whether id like to do it or not. My ipad two is just about 2 months old so I may hold off for a bit yet. The only app id be interested in as well would be the location spoofer, but it's not vital because I already have one on my droid bionic.

If you do want to JB your iPad, PM me and I will point you to the proper link. The link will give you step by step directions of what to do.

I moved my post to the thread I meant for it to go in. A mod can remove this post if they want.

Last edited:
Well the first televised spring training game is on. Philllies vs Yankees. The Tigers also have their first radio broadcast on at the same time. This is cool. I'm watching the Phillies and Yankees with the Tigers audio in PIP at my desk right now. You can shrink the PIP box down so it doesn't take up much screen real estate.

I got a black out on MLB Network?

I meant to post that in the EI thread. You are getting the blackout on MLB Network because you are in the CSN Philly local area but the channel isn't available on satellite. I am watching on MLB.tv at work on one of the extra computers.

I meant to post that in the EI thread. You are getting the blackout on MLB Network because you are in the CSN Philly local area but the channel isn't available on satellite. I am watching on MLB.tv at work on one of the extra computers.

Not sure about that. I subscribe to Extra Innings and get the Phillie games. My zip is actually 17224, Fort Loudon PA. Fulton County. Have they changed the DMA or the Phillie's market this year? I get DC locals and Harrisburg locals.

I actually didn't look anything up I just assumed because you live in PA and you said it was blacked out. If you get the games on Phillies on EI it seems like you should be able to get them on MLB Network. Plus they aren't enforcing blackouts for spring training at least on MLB.TV. It must be some kind of mistake in your case. I'm watching from the office on one of the spare computers or I would check MLB Network to see if it is working for me.

Edit: I just checked your zip code on the MLB.TV website and it says you would be blacked out for the Nationals, Pirates, and Orioles. You're right the Phillies should be in the clear for you.

I actually didn't look anything up I just assumed because you live in PA and you said it was blacked out. If you get the games on Phillies on EI it seems like you should be able to get them on MLB Network. Plus they aren't enforcing blackouts for spring training at least on MLB.TV. It must be some kind of mistake in your case. I'm watching from the office on one of the spare computers or I would check MLB Network to see if it is working for me.

Edit: I just checked your zip code on the MLB.TV website and it says you would be blacked out for the Nationals, Pirates, and Orioles. You're right the Phillies should be in the clear for you.

Yeah, doesn't make sense to me. I've been getting all the Phillies games the last 2 years. Never really tried spring training on MLB Network but I know regular season games have never been a problem. I'm not seeing it on any local channel I pick up either. Strange. Hope they didn't change anything for this season as I would find out when the season starts but then I couldn't cancel MLB Extra Innings.

bbixler said:
Now today's game is coming in fine on MLB Network and YES Network for me. sh*t doesn't make any sense at all.

The game was blacked on MLB Network in the Phillies market as CSN Philadelphia had exclusive rights in market. Same today with YES. I have cable now and get both CSN and YES, and I'm getting alternate programming on MLB Network.

bbixler, you are close to the boundary of the Phillies market. The MLB.tv blackout tool puts the ZIP for your town in the Nationals, Orioles, and Pirates' markets.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts