Philly DTV Installers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

skverskk

Original poster
Nov 13, 2005
Anyone know of any high quality DTV Installers in the Phila area? Had ordered DTV/TIVO unit from DTV. They subcontracted the install out to Ironwodd Communications for Sat 11/12 between 1-3pm. No one ever shows. I call to complain at 5:30pm and all of a sudden, an unmarked truck shows up in fromt of my house with these 2 bozo clowins who apparently never installed DTV before. Plus, they had no tools with them and one of them stunk so bad of BO that I just threw them out after about 10 minutes. There has to be someone in the Philly market doing professional installs, preferarrably someone that bathes. Thanks.

Look in the phone book under Satellite T.V. Stay away from the 800 numbers or if you do call an 800 ask them if they are LOCAL. I am sure there are some local retailers or dealers in the phone book that would be more than happy to help you. Plus, if you stay local you'll be able to call the local number if you ever should need service after the sale.

Philly is a tough market to find good installers. I've had to do a lot of my own install work — because I couldn't find anyone who meets my standards, which are, admittedly ridiculously high.

I'm hoping the advent of MPEG-4 means I can get a proper install instead of the juryrigged setup I have right now (2 dishes, 2 sats, no 110 reception).

National satellite has always been good to me, major issues with ironwood with directv and voom, never had a good experience with ironwood.
National Satellite not sure of the number but it is definitely listed and also very important ask for charles he is the lead installer
good luck

good advice staying away from ironwood. I had a bad experience with them showing up in the dark then giving me all sorts of hassle on the phone over the next few days. The manager in philly plain lied to me and had his secretary call my multiple times because he was 'too busy' even when he promised to call me personally. Also his own staff pulled stuff on him and said he authorized stuff when he told me he didn't. Just a bad place

Ironwood Communications

Have to agree 100% will all you guys. Had Ironwood rescheduled to show up at my home today, 11/19/05. (Phila area ) Guy shows up, this time in a DTV Truck. Claims he's a Senior Tech. Insists on drilling a brand new hole into the back of my home. Doesn't want to use the existing hole. Only has 1 drill bit with him. Doesn;t have a white wire, only black. Doesn't want to look at or replace any of my existing wire, which is nearly 7 years old. I threw him out after 60 seconds. Called DTV. They offered me DTV/TIVO unit 100% free and offered to reimburse me if I hire my own Installer. Still cannot find anybody in Phila. I can't find anything on National Satellite. Put a direct call into Ironwood. They claim manager was on the phone and wou;d call me right back. Two (2) hours later, No call. IRONWOOD is Bad News! This is totally unbelievable!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR10-250 OTA Tuner issues

Directv Latinamerica on G 3C

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)