Philly Locals Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nitstalker

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 9, 2004
Ok, I am posting a question here for a friend of mine... I am an E* person so I have only some idea about D* stuff...

He has had D* for some time now, and has one of the oblong dishes with the three LNB's and MPEG-2 recievers... He just called in today to the CSR and got the Philly locals turned on....

He can turn to the channels, but when he gets there he only gets searching for satellite...

I checked and he gets 101, which is where it says the philly spot beam is on, and he is in the coverage area of the spot beam.

Does he have to have a MPEG-4 setup? or is something else wrong...

Stephen

un plug the boxes to reset and check for the locals. if they are not on call directv back at 1.800.531.5000 and tell them the hit for locals did not take.

The Philly SD locals are on the 101 sat. Your friend should be getting them no problem. Since all the local channel spot beams are on even transponders, I'd first check the test channel 491 for the test message. If that is good, he might have a problem with a kinked/crushed cable or a bad connector. If 491 gives him searching for sat signal, then he might have a receiver, LNB or multiswitch problem. Have him check signal strengths on transponders 1 and 2.

If he is trying to get HD locals with a H20 HD receiver, he needs a dish upgrade to the AT9 5 LNB dish.

More simple solution.

Georgetown is in Sussex County. Sussex County is actually in the Salisbury DMA. So the friend must have "moved".

Have your friend check transponder 12 for a signal. If there is no signal, then you are out of the spot-beam transmission, and you cannot get the Philly locals. If there is a signal, then you need to have DirecTV rehit the receivers, as dragon002 states.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts