Phoenix Meredith stations dispute?

As of 4 PM Phoenix time "The parties have agreed to a 24 hour extension until July 16, 2019 to continue negotiations"

Since my H3 OTA adapter refuses to recognize the local Meredith NBC station I scanned the NBC shows for the next week to see what we would miss that we normally watch. Nada.

The report came from Bloomberg said an announcement was forthcoming at any time and unofficially an agreement was reached. Obviously some incorrect news they were right there was an announcement but the stations are off DISH.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I am glad I have an OTA antenna, with KPTV/KPDX gone from Dish. I suggest to people all of the time to get that OTA antenna. We only have translators here, but we do get 16 OTA channels and several diginets not available off Dish.

I am glad I have an OTA antenna, with KPTV/KPDX gone from Dish. I suggest to people all of the time to get that OTA antenna. We only have translators here, but we do get 16 OTA channels and several diginets not available off Dish.

As is always pointed out, assuming you can get OTA. In Florida we get all channels available but in Ct since the digital change none. And to complicate things the CBS station here is one of the dispute channels, they are getting ready to change frequencies in two weeks. Who knows what havoc that will cause with guide data for those who can get it OTA. We still don't get guide data for Channel 38 in Tampa since it changed frequencies months ago. Not on with Tivo, not on DISH OTA.

Reactions: charlesrshell
As is always pointed out, assuming you can get OTA. In Florida we get all channels available but in Ct since the digital change none. And to complicate things the CBS station here is one of the dispute channels, they are getting ready to change frequencies in two weeks. Who knows what havoc that will cause with guide data for those who can get it OTA. We still don't get guide data for Channel 38 in Tampa since it changed frequencies months ago. Not on with Tivo, not on DISH OTA.

Yes, you are right. The OTA guide in my vip211k Dish receiver is messed up, so I bought a Amazon ReCast that has a 2 week OTA guide that is totally correct and a 500GB HDD to record the stations. Works well. I got so tired of dealing with the messed up guide from Dish for OTA.

Well, I just tried to watch Stephen Colbert and was greeted with a Dish spokesman telling me that CBS is blacked out due to a dispute with Meredith. I am in the Hartford-New Haven CT DMA. This really sucks! I really have to get an antenna to avoid this crap!

Well, I just tried to watch Stephen Colbert and was greeted with a Dish spokesman telling me that CBS is blacked out due to a dispute with Meredith. I am in the Hartford-New Haven CT DMA. This really sucks! I really have to get an antenna to avoid this crap!
You will not regret it, plus you'll probably get diginets, channel Dish does not carry.

Meredith has ABC, CBS, and Fox stations in the Springfield MA DMA. I've got a medium size outdoor antenna but reception is spotty when the trees are leafed out. Also have the Xfinity app with my internet subscription so I can pick up the channels there.

The remaining Springfield network on DISH ( WWLP NBC ) is a Nexstar station and is actually running "news" stories about Directv blacking them out.

I usually get a strong OTA signal from the Nashville Meredith NBC station but yesterday and this morning there is no signal at all like the transmitter isn't even on.

I think there may be a problem with the OTA adapter since my Samsung TV sees the OTA station directly just fine but repeated scans with the H3 show nothing.

Since Meredith is working on the next phase of the fcc mandates to move channels to new frequencies. Most of their stations are running at reduced power. I was talking with the Engineer over at WNEM in Michigan. He confirmed that

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)