Phoenix Meredith stations dispute?

I am watching a Meredith station(KPHO), OTA. It has next day Autohop as there are no more contractual restrictions on it currently. Next day is not an option on CBS’s that are not in dispute.

That isn't the reason. Anyone not subscribing to Sat locals gets autohop, nothing to do with there being or not being a contract. You no longer technically subscribe to CBS. My daughter noticed that when she dropped locals for awhile. (She had to get them again because two stations were not reliable enough getting a signal all the time.)

That isn't the reason. Anyone not subscribing to Sat locals gets autohop, nothing to do with there being or not being a contract. You no longer technically subscribe to CBS.
But the effect is still the same. All Meredith stations are currently not subscribed, forcibly.

But the effect is still the same. All Meredith stations are currently not subscribed, forcibly.

But it really is not contract related. When the contract comes back, if you don't subscribe to sat locals you will still have authop. It's secondarily related to the contract as you say, being forcibly not subscribed. I would have to believe lots of subscribers would no longer subscribe to Sat locals so they could then get autohop as a result of finding out during this dispute they can get it by not subscribing.
For various reasons they will not stop subscribing now if they could have all along just to get autohop. The premise autohop matters to the locals at this point just doesn't add up to me. I'm not convinced Autohop is all that important to subscribers either. Nice yes, make or break no.

But it really is not contract related. When the contract comes back, if you don't subscribe to sat locals you will still have authop. It's secondarily related to the contract as you say, being forcibly not subscribed. I would have to believe lots of subscribers would no longer subscribe to Sat locals so they could then get autohop as a result of finding out during this dispute they can get it by not subscribing.
For various reasons they will not stop subscribing now if they could have all along just to get autohop. The premise autohop matters to the locals at this point just doesn't add up to me. I'm not convinced Autohop is all that important to subscribers either. Nice yes, make or break no.
Next day AutoHop is the priority for us. That is why I quit the DISH Sat locals. However, I sure miss the single tuner PTAT capability and I sure don't like having OTA conflicts now. I might just re-subscribe to the DISH Sat locals again. Time will tell.

Reactions: Tampa8
Next day AutoHop is the priority for us. That is why I quit the DISH Sat locals. However, I sure miss the single tuner PTAT capability and I sure don't like having OTA conflicts now. I might just re-subscribe to the DISH Sat locals again. Time will tell.

I have autohop - sort of.... I have a TIVO in FL to record locals in addition to DISH. (I can get every station, substation via Antenna so it includes stations DISH does not have via Sat and gives me many more tuners) TIVO has a feature to skip all the commercials at the break if you hit one button. It's nice but just not something that I must have. In fact there are always a few commercials from time to time I want to see so skipping ahead lets me see a second of something that I might want to watch. I can see that some people might really like it.

The premise autohop matters to the locals at this point just doesn't add up to me. I'm not convinced Autohop is all that important to subscribers either.
I'm not sure it's all that important to advertisers either. Yes, they want eyes on their ads. But if autohop isn't available, users will use skip forward, or fast forward, or walking out the room to go to the bathroom, make a sandwich, whatever, just like they've been doing pre-autohop for decades. All autohop does it make it EASIER to skip ads. It's not like if there's no autohop viewers must sit through commercials.

NFL football sunday...
Meridith network affliates (cbs,fox)
Anything happening?
Sent from my SM-G930P using the SatelliteGuys app!

Evidently not, when I asked for an update yesterday Dish offered me a free OTA install due to missing 2 local stations. My suggestion is to try the free 3 week YouTubeTV deal right now, had all my locals so I'm covered till I get the antenna installed on 27th.

Evidently not, when I asked for an update yesterday Dish offered me a free OTA install due to missing 2 local stations. My suggestion is to try the free 3 week YouTubeTV deal right now, had all my locals so I'm covered till I get the antenna installed on 27th.
I have had an in-attic OTA for several years,
I get both meredith PHX (3,5) OTA.
So, not 'missing' anything.

Was just curious if start of season would pressure agreement, end meredith holdout.

Hoping for future 4-tuner OTA (1 each network),
Or work 2 two-tuner OTA.
Then could drop sat-locals and not have tuner-timer conflicts.
;)

Reactions: peggy97850
I have had an in-attic OTA for several years,
I get both meredith PHX (3,5) OTA.
So, not 'missing' anything.

Was just curious if start of season would pressure agreement, end meredith holdout.

Hoping for future 4-tuner OTA (1 each network),
Or work 2 two-tuner OTA.
Then could drop sat-locals and not have tuner-timer conflicts.
;)

I think Dish has installed enough OTA antennas in meredith areas that Meredith’s leverage is being reduced to nothing. Even on Merediths Facebook page for one of the locals... almost 100% of the customers are talking about how Dish installed OTA antennas and now they are not only getting their channel, they are saving the $12. Meredith was getting beat up pretty good on their Facebook post and it was hilarious, considering the post itself was to tell it’s customers to switch providers as that was the only way to get the channel.

I dont know, but they better get it solved soon before SEC football starts on it. I'm too far from Atl for OTA to work.
Why though? The words “they better”... or what? That goes back to what that leverage is. They better do what’s right for the majority of their customers, not cater to the minority. The threat of leaving is expected, so “they better” doesn’t mean very much.

Why though? The words “they better”... or what? That goes back to what that leverage is. They better do what’s right for the majority of their customers, not cater to the minority. The threat of leaving is expected, so “they better” doesn’t mean very much.

You can pick any channel in the lineup and point to a minority. I sell DirecTV among other things, not Dish. I refer some to Dish because I think it is a better value, equipment, company. I hear the reactions from people, and it is going to hurt them very badly in the south. I see and hear their feedback. It isn't like these disputes save any money for the customers.They go up every year about the same as DTV.. Same as FSS with the Braves. I do understand that a little more because most of the day ratings have to be very low. People watch the news and shows on CBS, SEC game of the week. Nfl.

You hear the reaction of the customers you interact with. No more, no less. That is your sample size... someone who usually already knows what they want to sign up for or switch to.

NFL football sunday...
Meridith network affliates (cbs,fox)
Anything happening?

My Uncle isn’t happy. He could not care less about autohop but he did want to watch the NFL on CBS today and can’t.

He also used to watch channel 3 for news and was forced to switch to another channel. Doubt he will switch back even if the channels are restored. These broadcasters are losing out the longer this nonsense goes on.

Reactions: Howard Simmons

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)