Phone CSR issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

eblkheart

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Denver Area
Today I had a issue with billing. I call in and talk to them, I get hung up on after "check something" and put on hold. Call back, talk to a different CSR, ask them the same question, this CSR told me it wouldn't be an issue and it would be approved. He talked to me about it and I agreed with it and that was that. I come back this evening and didn't see the changes I asked about (and was approved for... or was I?) This agent, who I could barely understand, said that I didn't qualify and what I told was wrong since I didn't qualify. Wait... what? So I went in circles with the said CSR, trying to be diplomatic as much as I can, but she started to get snotty. Because of that, I told her that I would be shopping around at DirecTv and other outlets in my area. She said wait and went to an account representative (or something like that) and the same circling (no I wasn't supposed to be approved, this csr was wrong, etc etc etc). After some polite comments, I wish that CSR a good evening and hung up. I don't get that if I am told I am approved for something and then told I am not, what is going on over there? I usually don't have issues with Dish. I never called them before for really anything except for getting new equipment or a new contract (which I am now out of for the past few years), but what happened today left a really bad taste in my mouth and being with Dish. Has anyone else encountered this as of lately? [Note: I won't get into why I called, except to a DIRT member, if they want to help out].

Yea!...I had almost the same thing happen to me today. I called to drop 1 of my superstations, KWGN. I got some girl in Asia, that I could barely understand. We went round and round and she said it would be taken care of. I log online about 12 hours later to check my account, and it was still showing in the programming. I get back on the phone and call in again and get another girl from some country that was difficult to understand. She said she would remove the programming (KWGN) and that tech would be sent out to re-program the satellite. I said no I don't need someone to come out. It's just a program change. She put me on hold and we went thru this 3x. I kept telling her, Just drop the program. I own my own equipment, and not under contract. She says it pops up something on her screen to send out tech for house call. What is going on? I think she got it straight, but I will have to check back in later to see if it's been removed. Never had this happen before with Dish.....

They probably don't have the satellites right on your account. It does not auto update which satellites you have. If you have wa satellites, and are in a EA area, it will force the upgrade unless a supervisor marks it no line of sights to EA. It's something that has to be done internally. Contact a dirt member. They know what I'm talking. A out and can get it handled. It's a simple fix, but one that not many csr will know about

Reactions: SomeDishGuy
Yea!...I know I can't get it back, but that station KWGN really sucks. I have KTLA also and I love them. I have Western arc. I don't know why they just can't drop it. I don't have local channels, don't want them. I have OTA for locals.

I guess I will try to contact Dirt member later today...I know they can and will get it straight. It shouldn't be this hard to drop a A-la-cart program...Come on Dish...

KWGN is part of the Super Station Package. If you drop one, you drop all of them...
If you are located in the Denver DMA, you'd receive KWGN as part of your locals. Again, if you drop one, you drop all.

Yea! I found out the real deal...I have welcome pack (no locals). I own my own equipment, so if I make a change to programming, they force me to have local stations if I have line of site to the eastern arc, I don't think I do. The want to send a tech out to put me on eastern arc and then charge me $5 for the locals. I have OTA with a 211k, and its fine, just no guide. It's a Dish policy, so I don't think the Dirt team can help, but gonna try. I will just have to live with KWGN, or drop Dish all together....Not a happy camper...

Yea! I found out the real deal...I have welcome pack (no locals). I own my own equipment, so if I make a change to programming, they force me to have local stations if I have line of site to the eastern arc, I don't think I do. The want to send a tech out to put me on eastern arc and then charge me $5 for the locals. I have OTA with a 211k, and its fine, just no guide. It's a Dish policy, so I don't think the Dirt team can help, but gonna try. I will just have to live with KWGN, or drop Dish all together....Not a happy camper...

I certainly understand not wanting to watch a channel. There are many I don't want to watch. Soooooo, I don't watch them. In fact, I created my own programming guide of only the channels I do watch. Can't you do that?

Also, why don't you get the guide for your OTA channels. I do.

As he stated before, he not only does not want to watch the channel, he doesn't want to pay the $2 for it either.

FYI...I have "pm" The Dirt Team...MattG...He may not be online now, but we will see...I think I'm SOL....

They probably don't have the satellites right on your account. It does not auto update which satellites you have. If you have wa satellites, and are in a EA area, it will force the upgrade unless a supervisor marks it no line of sights to EA. It's something that has to be done internally. Contact a dirt member. They know what I'm talking. A out and can get it handled. It's a simple fix, but one that not many csr will know about

A coach or team lead should have been engaged by the agent, to make the changes after selecting the video config override. Same thing also can happen quite often if someone in an RV (a la tailgater) changes their physical address, and the system thinks they need an arc flip. Doesn't really need the NLOS marked, if the video config override is selected, but it does have to be done at a coach/team lead desk, or the override code has to be used at the agent's desk.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

FYI...I have "pm" The Dirt Team...MattG...He may not be online now, but we will see...I think I'm SOL....

Anxious to hear if the DIRT folks find a way around it, but what I have seen is correct. Accounts that are grandfathered in with no locals, if ANY programming change is made, will force locals to be added. Dish doesn't offer accounts with no local channels any more, so customers with no locals who make changes either have to skip the change, or add the locals.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.

T [Note: I won't get into why I called, except to a DIRT member, if they want to help out].

So did DIRT resolve your unspecified problem? One thing I was going to note, as of late, there has been a huge issue in some Dish call centers with calls being dropped when placed on hold. I'm not saying the agent didn't hang up (which is extremely unlikely, and can get them fired pretty quick), but I am aware of a lot of calls being dropped the past 2 weeks or so when a caller is placed on hold, or when that hold gets over a minute or so.

Let me correct what I was saying. The nlos tag would be needed if in EA with WA sats, and the system is trying to force the move, then it requires nlos. That's all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)