Phone line connection question....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mirage52

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
What will happen if there is no phone line connected to the HR-20 receiver?

Could not having a phone line connected to the receiver be the reason my local HD channels (as well as other HD channels) are currently out?

Am I missing important updates? I noticed the most recent software upgrade I received was on 7/22.

Thanks for your help.

Could not having a phone line connected to the receiver be the reason my local HD channels (as well as other HD channels) are currently out?

Am I missing important updates? I noticed the most recent software upgrade I received was on 7/22.

Thanks for your help.

No, the phone line won't affect your HD channels.

Where are you, and what are your signal strengths on all of the sats? It could be a lot of issues, but we need more information to be able to help you. Things like dish type, signal strengths, number and type of receivers, BBC's installed, and multiswitch type come immediately to mind.

Thanks for your help.

My hr10 in the bedroom wasn't close to the phone jack. DTV told me that the only reason I needed a phone was to order programs and I could order them online (which does work). I went ahead and bought a Phonex phone jack on Ebay and installed it in the bedroom and now my hr10 telephones DTV without the telephone line.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts