Phone Line Connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JB884

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
I have had a standard phone line hooked up to my DirecTV receiver since I first got it many years ago. From the reading here I have seen a mix of opinions on whether it is still necessary to have it hooked up. As I mentioned in another thread the only programming I have through DirecTV is NFL Sunday Ticket as I subscribed to it way back in 2000 when they still allowed you to only subscribe to Sunday Ticket.

Does anyone know for sure if I still need my phone line hooked up to it? Will it affect my auto-renewal that occurs every year for the Sunday Ticket?

Thanks
JB

I have mine connected, only for caller ID. Other than that, especially with an internet connection, there isn't a reason for it.

So basically DirecTV is full of it when they say a receiver not hooked up to a phone line may disqualify you from being eligible for auto renewal?

I'm hoping this is the case but I don't want any trouble with them.

Thanks
JB

So basically DirecTV is full of it when they say a receiver not hooked up to a phone line may disqualify you from being eligible for auto renewal?

I'm hoping this is the case but I don't want any trouble with them.

Thanks
JB

Phone line was only ever needed for the old TIVO's to get the guide. All it is now, is that D* has figured out how to make money off of the fact that you have that phone line installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.