Phone Line

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

rlavinder

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
Hello,

I am thinking of coming over to D* from E* for the Sunday Ticket offer. I am planning on 4 receivers for my house but only one receiver is near a phone line. We use Vonage and only one receiver is near the adapter. I am wondering since I can't have a phone line connected to all my receivers will I still be able to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on all my receivers. I have ask customer service and they said I need to have a phone line hooked up to receive it and to also update my software on my receivers.

Thanks,

I only have two of my receivers hooked up to a phone line and still have no problem with Center Ice. I don't think you'll have a problem with Sunday Ticket, either.

Hello,

I am thinking of coming over to D* from E* for the Sunday Ticket offer. I am planning on 4 receivers for my house but only one receiver is near a phone line. We use Vonage and only one receiver is near the adapter. I am wondering since I can't have a phone line connected to all my receivers will I still be able to watch NFL Sunday Ticket on all my receivers. I have ask customer service and they said I need to have a phone line hooked up to receive it and to also update my software on my receivers.

Thanks,

No phone lines are needed. Only thing they are used for is to order PPV with your remote. It's actually better to order those online anyway because online gets you the PPV on all receivers but using your remote via phone line to order only gets the PPV on that one receiver. Updates come via the dish.

I've had service for 2 years and never had a phone line hooked up. Installers never even said anything about it.

No phone lines are needed. Only thing they are used for is to order PPV with your remote. It's actually better to order those online anyway because online gets you the PPV on all receivers but using your remote via phone line to order only gets the PPV on that one receiver. Updates come via the dish.

I've had service for 2 years and never had a phone line hooked up. Installers never even said anything about it.
Does D* have the dish police like E* does. I have nothing to hide, but I feel like that is a hassle I don't want.

Or if you decide to have some 29+ receivers installed you might get a call.

We have an audit team but they are nothing like dish network audit team . they dont call and harass like they do.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts