Phone Line?

HD_Eric

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 5, 2005
Rochester, NY
It took me so long to sign-up with VOOM because the reps kept saying you needed a phone line connected at all times. I don't have any phone lines near my Home Theatre and wasn't going to bother adding one when I didn't need one with Cable...

Finally, when I talked with some reps this year they said that wasn't the case.

I have happily VOOMED for 6 weeks now with no phone line. (I did hook it up twice when I was going to be gone so I could catch any possible updates)

What is the phone line really for? Is it just for PPV's?

HD_Eric said:
It's for future use. For PPV and for STB location verification. Not being used now.
And no, software updates do not require phone line!

Good luck!

HD_Eric said:
It took me so long to sign-up with VOOM because the reps kept saying you needed a phone line connected at all times. I don't have any phone lines near my Home Theatre and wasn't going to bother adding one when I didn't need one with Cable...

Finally, when I talked with some reps this year they said that wasn't the case.

I have happily VOOMED for 6 weeks now with no phone line. (I did hook it up twice when I was going to be gone so I could catch any possible updates)

I don't have a phone line also and my system works great with all the updates...I was told the only thing you would need a phone line for would be when PPV gets going you won't be able to purchase movies through your tv but have to call in your movie requests. Which is fine with me.

HD_Eric said:
I've heard that they can also use it to make sure the STB is actually set up at the house at which it's supposed to be. Theft of service prevention type thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)