Phony address

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
I have heard of people using a phony service address with Dish so they can get locals from a different market. Is this really possible? Also, curious if Dish even cares. If I live in New Mexico but wanted to get all New York locals, why would Dish care since I am paying them the same regardless.

Dish really does not care. Your local broadcast stations do.

The problem is that the locals alot of time are on spot beams. As such they dont cover the whole US. So it may be possible to lie to Dish to subscribe to different locals, but you may not be able to receive thm.

I have heard of people using a phony service address with Dish so they can get locals from a different market. Is this really possible? Also, curious if Dish even cares. If I live in New Mexico but wanted to get all New York locals, why would Dish care since I am paying them the same regardless.

"Moving" has to do with having an address that can get other locals yes. The problem is you have to be able to get a signal for those locals. NYC locals aren't going to work in NM. All the NYC local channels are on spot beams that are aimed at NYC general area. Those spot beams are covering an area not much bigger than 300 miles. So in summary no way you are going to get NYC locals in NM anywhere.

I am getting the major NY locals from Florida in SD. WNET and some other minor channels are on spot but the others come in ok.I am about to drop DISH though because they dropped all NY RSNs.

"Moving" has to do with having an address that can get other locals yes. The problem is you have to be able to get a signal for those locals. NYC locals aren't going to work in NM. All the NYC local channels are on spot beams that are aimed at NYC general area. Those spot beams are covering an area not much bigger than 300 miles. So in summary no way you are going to get NYC locals in NM anywhere.
better check the uplink report ;)

Dish really does not care. Your local broadcast stations do.

That's a reason why eventually you won't see any on CONUS, only NYC remains on WA and the plug will be pulled sometime this year on the EA. Bye bye long range movers.
Hopefully that will be enough to please the big 4 (at least the O&O) so they won't try to squeeze more $.

Big 4 +WPIX & WWOR have been in SD on CONUS forever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)