dishbroadband2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 1,802
  • spotbeam.jpg
    spotbeam.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 1,578
  • fleet1.jpg
    fleet1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 2,004
Thanks Scott! 411 looks cool and if you can find out on priceing so on. Looks like they will be useing the AMC 15 and AMC 16 soon which my guess will be to push the MPEG4 channels.So will they just keep HD Customers on the Dish 500 and let them use the new 411? Or will they half to go to a Dish 1000 plus the 411? Right now I will for sure go to a 411 and keep my 301 for my SD tv but main thing is on the Dish Side. 500 or 1000?

Whats interesting is the chart says 119 will also be used for HD.

Does this mean a channel shuffle is coming up?

I was just told by a friend at Dish that dish will be asking the FCC for permission to operate from 129 at DBS HIgh Power and not standard KU power, which is why the Dish 1000 is a lot smaller then the SuperDish.

AMC16 is an exclusive spotbeam broadband satellite.

AMC15 will do the same AMC2 is doing now, except also add broadband technology.

This is the 2005 plan as the map says, so 2006 could be different.

Scott, I noticed that also.

119 also did not say locals, so that Maybe any locals that are on 119 will be moved to 110?

Yeah my guess is that folks with 811 go to the 411 and be able to keep the Dish 500. Unless you just need to get the 129 only thing diffrence between the two. But if they shuffle things around then you probally can still use the Dish 500. Well if 411 not due out untill August they have time to clean out the bugs and get the AMC15 and AMC16 ready to go.

R1 is not on their satellite chart (neither is E10) ... but:

61.5 E3 Local International
85 AMC-16 Broadband
105 AMC-15 Locals Broadband
110 E8 - National SDTV & HDTV Top Locals
119 E6 & E7 - National SDTV & HDTV International
121 E9 - Local International
144 E1 & E2 - Local International

Note: E6 moved to 119?

JL

It looks like with the 411 Dish might be doing away with SD only receivers! I suppose a 422 will come out soon after the 411. I wonder what the 942 replacement # will be?

Once boxes like the 411 become common they could start to upgrade packages to all HD channels (or at least MPEG-4).

Yup, it looks like the will be doing away with SD only reveivers, good idea and good news!

LOL BFG! Yeah well sounds like all the new and old HD will be the same 110,119 plus SD. Which makes sense due to going to MPEG4 will free up things and enable them to do this or should. This way Customers only have to change one thing out which most of us will be doing. Which is most of us will be changeing receivers going to 411 some might half to do both change Dish type also. But I dont think they want it where you half to do both so Im sure they would try to make it where you only half to change one thing out.

BFG said:
Yup, it looks like the will be doing away with SD only reveivers, good idea and good news!

This is something I said they should do 6 months ago. ;)

Dish needs to hire me but Charlie can't afford me. :D

Anyways its been a long day for me, so I am off to bed.

I hope everyone who has enjoyed todays Team Summit Coverage, we will have LOTS more tommorow!

Thank you to everyone who became Pub members today! Your outpouring of support is greatly appreciated!

With only 2 receivers in the future maybe they will finally be able manage their hardware :D

I like the fact it does sd and hd simulataneously out. Hmmm, may be enough for a D* guy to switch. Next 6 months should be interesting.

Oooohhh Dish 1000! Now where's that 422 receiver? :]

Does the SD phasing out mean that eventually they won't charge 'extra' for HD channels? That'd be saweet.

They should make all recievers with two tuners in them standard since the average family has two tuners anyways. This would save on production costs since more units would be made alike in bulk. The sooner they start selling MPEG-4 recievers the better. The question is are they going to make them MPEG-2 compatable as well so that they can still recieve the MPEG-2 stations until all of them get switched to MPEG-4 or would we have to use two recievers until everything is swapped over to MPEG-4? Would Dish Network expect us to pay an additional tuner fee or limit our accounts to six tuners if we have to have twice as many recievers just to accomodate two recievers per tv instead of one until everything is MPEG-4?

Scott can you get a pictire of the 411 looking directly down at the circuit board? I would like to get a better view of the chipsets

Am i glad i subscribed to Dish after Voom

Boy am i glad i upgraded to Dish 942 after voom, and got Americas Top 120. I almost got Direct TV because of the new spaceway satellites campaign. It looks like dish will be the leader in HD .

If this rumour is true, that there will be a Voom 10, and onl Dish network, tomorrow we should all get wasted. What a day, Voom lives on again

I am crossing my fingers, I am glad i picked Dish not Direct TV. Boy MPEG 4 and Voom,

Dish network could be our saviour. Why didn't they tell us before to swtich to Dish and not pick any carrier. What about those that signed to a year of direct tv, that isn't fair.

The 129 application that E* has filed is for the use of the Canadian DBS slot at 129, which is currently unused. This is similar to D*'s setup at the 72.5. E* is attempting to have use of 16 transponders at the 129 which will be used for local channels(as the rumor goes). They application is for 1 million subscribers. Therefore, they have based their new dish on the old D* Plus(or Phase 1/2 dish). Should be as easy to install as D*'s version. E* will not be able to get it down to the 18x20" size of the new Phase III due to the extra spacing and the size of their LNBs. I speculated on this dish last week.

The 411 is probably a transition product for thos that HAVE to have the newest crap now.

It's good to finally see their plans for the Ka Band spots on AMC-15. Hopefully they will have a dish available soon.