picked up 4 ft dish today!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

htownjoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2007
splendora tx
today was my third day working contracts with dish and my last customer just moved in and had a 4 ft dish out in their yard. i asked if they were going to throw it out and they said if i want it take it. they were happy! so i grabbed it. i have a big spot at the side of my yard covered with trees where i am going to start putting my equipment and dishes i will be getting. guess i will replace my primestar with this one, it is actually taller maybe 54 inches than wider 48 inch. the guy before that had a throw away 8 ft unimesh like mine, but i didnt have room to tote the dish in the back with all the stuff. i did ask if he had any receivers, but he didnt. probably a great way to pick up a cheap or free 4dtv, as well as some corotor feedhorns and lnbs. i love the countryside!

yeah, i have heard of people getting c band on a 4 ft dish. it is an old dish without a model name on it. looks like one of the communication satellites you see on top of stores. i like it and look foward to picking up lots more dishes and such!

I have a 4ft dish and I can pickup all Ku signals really well (Most are between 60 - 100% quality on my Pansat 3500) and I can also pickup quite a bit of C-Band (Most signals are between 20% - 60%)

cool i must experiment with it starting tomorrow after i mow the lawn. i am actually putting it up with the three amigos, my 8 ft bud, primestar in middle,and dish 500 on the side, maybe the 4 ft would look nice in there, maybe my wife will frown, maybe i will take down the primestar. decisions! decisions!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)