Picked up some dishes today

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Unfortunately right now I am not S2 capable due to lack of an S2 receiver. Still trying to see about sneaking one in without the wife knowing about it but an arguement would start if one happened it show up. Been watching some online but havent really caught one at a good deal yet

Unfortunately right now I am not S2 capable due to lack of an S2 receiver. Still trying to see about sneaking one in without the wife knowing about it but an arguement would start if one happened it show up. Been watching some online but havent really caught one at a good deal yet

You could dazzle your wife with all the programming

that you will receive with the new receiver! :D

If she does not buy into that,

then sleeping on the couch will be more enjoyable with a new receiver! ;)

Once you get a pile of receivers,

it is a lot easier to sneak another one in!!!... :shh

Last edited:
You could dazzle your wife with all the programming

that you will receive with the new receiver! :D

That is exactly what I did. I showed her the new channels and she was happy. Then I had to have a Gbox, but she has been happy ever since!!!

;)

She was not my wife until May 31st and I have been happy ever since!

;)

Got the 4ft dish mounted tonight. Only lnb i had for it was a linear one with a 40mm neck on it. The dish looks like it would take something about half that size but with some long enough bolts I got the lnb in the bracket snug. It doesnt quite fit, but its not going anywhere.

FINALLY found 97W, that thing took a while to find. Had to point the big dish to it and use it as a reference point. Outside was getting 89 quality on vertical and 80 on the horizontal channels already programmed into the receiver. But due to either a faulty diseqc switch or receiver, I cant have all 4 ports on the switch hooked up since either port 2 or 3 totally dissapears and will not work properly unless one of them is unhooked. Spent 4 hours one evening thinking my Ku side went down on the big dish but eventually I changed ports on the 4:1 switch and it worked great again. This is the 2nd switch that has done it, dont have the slightest clue why. Both the old one and new one did the exact same thing.

Got the 4ft dish mounted tonight. Only lnb i had for it was a linear one with a 40mm neck on it. The dish looks like it would take something about half that size but with some long enough bolts I got the lnb in the bracket snug. It doesnt quite fit, but its not going anywhere.

FINALLY found 97W, that thing took a while to find. Had to point the big dish to it and use it as a reference point. Outside was getting 89 quality on vertical and 80 on the horizontal channels already programmed into the receiver. But due to either a faulty diseqc switch or receiver, I cant have all 4 ports on the switch hooked up since either port 2 or 3 totally dissapears and will not work properly unless one of them is unhooked. Spent 4 hours one evening thinking my Ku side went down on the big dish but eventually I changed ports on the 4:1 switch and it worked great again. This is the 2nd switch that has done it, dont have the slightest clue why. Both the old one and new one did the exact same thing.

happened to me when i had a bad rg-6 ends that kept making and then losing connection to my devices.
some stubborn diseqc can be tricked into working by turning 22k on with that port and dont ask why, i found that by accident and have no idea why it worked.
Kodaz

the 22khz on gives more power to the switch (at least thats how it was explained to me)... i used this a long time ago when i had a dpp 34 switch (power hungry beast).... afterward i switched that to plugging a dish reciever into port 1 so it supplied the power

Tried the 9V switch testing method I found online. Ports 1 and 2 work, ports 3 and 4 show 0 volts coming out. Looks like I need a new one again

Finally was able to try them out this evening.

The 84e on 97W was only able to get a TP at the strongest 38 strength. The 74e was only pulling a 35 strength with the dish peaked using vertical polarization on V polarized transponders. Since they have sat out in the open for years and years, I am safe to assume all three LNB's are trash?

Finally was able to try them out this evening.

The 84e on 97W was only able to get a TP at the strongest 38 strength. The 74e was only pulling a 35 strength with the dish peaked using vertical polarization on V polarized transponders. Since they have sat out in the open for years and years, I am safe to assume all three LNB's are trash?

The noise factor on those old LNB's something like 2.7 db. The ones you can buy for less that $15 are like . 2 or .3 db. The 84e is a really good dish with a good LNB it will do a very good job. The 74e is good but much smaller and won't give quite as much signal but still a good dish for the size.

Have to try and find one to match the elliptical dish size or may get a linear type with the 40mm neck and just clamp it on tight to see if that helps. New lnb wont get here till later in the week though

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)