Picking up some Sky Angel channels with a FTA dish

Any idea about when the dual FTA LNBF's will be out?

Also.... If I went with a rotor/motor, I would just connect it to the RG 6 cable... no other wiring required? I would just have to program my receiver?

My receiver is DISEqc 1.2 and USALS Manhatten Skyline 1000 which type of rotor/motor should I use?

Gary Z said:
Any idea about when the dual FTA LNBF's will be out?
unknown. I'd just mnake your own :)

Also.... If I went with a rotor/motor, I would just connect it to the RG 6 cable... no other wiring required? I would just have to program my receiver?
correct

it goes from

receiver------motor---------LNB

My receiver is DISEqc 1.2 and USALS Manhatten Skyline 1000 which type of rotor/motor should I use?
any motor will work. I use the SG2100 and its worked great. Works like a champ even in cold (-25) Minnesota winters :)

Pete (PSB...he's a mod here and installs satellite equipment here in MN) has them for a reasonable price.
www.psbsatellite.com or shoot him an email

Dual (Two-Eye) LNBF Availability

The technician, Jeff, at Hope Network (866-552-6728, phone #) said that the dual LNBF is "in manufacture" and will be available in one to two months. Hope Network realized that having the dual LNBF available would pull both Adventists (AMC4 satellite) and Sunday folks (IA5 satellite) into FTA (free to air) TV, thus increasing exposure to Adventist TV. Call Jeff. We got the system at Hope Network because it was available with the receiver that can record programs while we are at work. The 3ABN system is cheaper but does not record programs for later viewing.

Clarification on the new dual linear LNBF and availability.

Glorystar and Adventistsat will be distributing this solution within two months and it will it will retrofit any GEOSATpro 90cm, 1.2M or most dishes distributed by 3ABN and Loma Linda during the past two years using a similar design. New receivers will be preprogrammed for all available Christian channels on the two birds and promoted with all of participating satellite broadcasting partners.

The 4 degree spacing between AMC4 @ 101w and IA5 @97W is a challenge with standard LNBFs. When the scalers (caps) are touching the minimum satellite spacing is approximately 5.5 degrees. While dual LNBF brackets are widely available, 4 degree spacing is not possible without significant signal loss due to the LNBFs not being able to be mounted in exactly the sweet spot of the reflected beams. Most often the strongest AMC4 and IA5 transponders can be received, but the weaker transponders LLBN, Hope, RBN, etc. have low quality and dropout quickly during fade conditions (heavy cloud cover, rain, etc.)

The SC LNBF is a twin eye LNBF called a monoblock and it contains two LNBs fed by co-located feedhorns spaced for 3.8 degree satellite separation. The SC is also not perfectly spaced for the 4 degree spacing, but is very close and the difference will not be noticed by most viewers located in the main footprint of the satellite. Glorystar used to distribute the SC dish and monoblock solution, but the cost of this dish and twin LNBF with shipping was extremely expensive. Very few customers ordered this system.

Glorystar and Adventistsat did not wish to offer a compromised solution for viewers. Since equipment is also distributed for viewers outside of the the prime footprint in CONUS and Southern Canada, I.E. Caribbean, Mexico, Northern and Eastern Canada, a solution had to be made available offering uncompromised signal gain and quality and at low retail and shipping costs. This has been accomplished with the new designs.

Two solutions have completed testing and are currently being manufactured for 4 degree spacing:

1. A fixed 4 degree dual LNBF clamp with adjustable skew, 2 mini bullet linear LNBFs (the smallest LNBF available in the world and boasting a 0.4 NR with 65 dB gain), two 1 meter RG6 jumpers and a 2x1 DiSEqC switch. The scaler (cap) size allows for resolution under 3.5 degrees if used with adjustable LNBF clamps (see attached LNBF photo).

2. A 4 degree linear monoblock containing a built-in DiSEqC switch. The focal distance has been developed to work with the the 30,000+ GEOSATpro type dishes that have been distributed for Glorystar, Hope Channel, Loma Linda Broadcasting and 3ABN customers. This will make the addition of the 2nd satellite very inexpensive and easily accomplished by the self-installer.

Customers wishing to retrofit will be offered one of the following options: a file for auto configuring their receiver and preprogramming new channel mapping, instructions on adding the new LNBF and scanning new channels or to send in the receiver to be updated for the LNBF configuration and preprogrammed for new channels for a nominal fee.

The decision to offer equipment for simultaneous reception of IA-5 and AMC4 Christian programming is not an effort by one broadcaster, but is one that is supported by all broadcasters partnering with Glorystar to bundle as many Christian channels for no monthly charge.

The 3ABN, Hope Channel and Glorystar systems are the same price for the basic non-pvr configuration, but Hope and Glorstar systems also include an higher end receiver, install kit and 2 years warranty. Great deal including the shipping anywhere in the US.

Attachments

• GEOSATpro GSL1sBullet.JPG
    GEOSATpro GSL1sBullet.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
4 Degree Monoblock Update

Update with Photo..... GloryStar 4 degree Monoblock with built-in switch

Attachments

• 4degreeLORES.jpg
    4degreeLORES.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 171
cable
The center one is AMC4, IA5 is offset since the LNB is to the right of the main one, that is what satellite is to the east

The monoblock test mules have 22K switching as it is more reliable than DiSEqC. We will be changing for final production run to DiSEqC for compatibility issues with future upgrades using universal LNBs. Since we also distribute outside of the US we need to think of other markets that will use this monblock.

The rotating 4 degree LNBF clamp with mini bullet LNBFs will be available the first week of June. The monoblock will start shipping in July.

It doesn't really matter which feedhorn throat is mounted on the LNBF clamp. There is a slight loss on the offset feedhorn, so it would make sense that the satellite with the weakest transponder be placed in the clamp. In the case of the Glorystar, we will recommend that feedhorn 2 (IA-5) be placed in the feedhorn clamp since IA-5 transponder frequency 11874 is the weakest transponder of the Christian channels and could benefit from even the slightest gain!

With the new LNBF. What are the channels we can expect to get from AMC4 and IA5? It will be interesting to know how many channels will be available. I guess the new LNBF only work with the 1.2m dish that adventistsat sells.

I have a channel master 180cm (type 180) dish. Would it work with that to or I have to buy the 120cm dish from adventistsat.com?

greggor48 said:
With the new LNBF. What are the channels we can expect to get from AMC4 and IA5? It will be interesting to know how many channels will be available. I guess the new LNBF only work with the 1.2m dish that adventistsat sells.

I have a channel master 180cm (type 180) dish. Would it work with that to or I have to buy the 120cm dish from adventistsat.com?

go to to Lyngsat and pull up both satellites on the ku side and that will give you an idea what all can be picked up.

What about my other concerns such as the dish question. Can this new LNBF work with my existing dish which is a channel master 180cm which have a F/D ratio of 0.6?

SatelliteAV said:
The monoblock test mules have 22K switching as it is more reliable than DiSEqC. We will be changing for final production run to DiSEqC for compatibility issues with future upgrades using universal LNBs. Since we also distribute outside of the US we need to think of other markets that will use this monblock.

The rotating 4 degree LNBF clamp with mini bullet LNBFs will be available the first week of June. The monoblock will start shipping in July.
cool. Sounds like a neat product :)

It doesn't really matter which feedhorn throat is mounted on the LNBF clamp. There is a slight loss on the offset feedhorn, so it would make sense that the satellite with the weakest transponder be placed in the clamp. In the case of the Glorystar, we will recommend that feedhorn 2 (IA-5) be placed in the feedhorn clamp since IA-5 transponder frequency 11874 is the weakest transponder of the Christian channels and could benefit from even the slightest gain!
true. I picked up AMC4 channels on a Phase II (24x20) with pretty good signal (60 quality or so)

The Monoblock is designed to work with the tens of thousands of 75cm, 80cm, 90cm and 1.2M dishes that have been distributed by 3ABN, Loma Linda, ACN, Adventistsat and Glorystar. These dishes are F/D 0.5

The signals will not converge correctly on the Monoblock side feedhorn with a F/D 0.6 reflector, but should yield more than acceptable performance within the main footprints of IA5 and AMC4.

Phase one is available at this time for hobbyists. It consists of a GEOSATpro 90cm dish, rotating 4 degree twin LNBF clamp, 2x1 DiSEqC switch, 2 - SL1s mini- Bullet LNBFs, 2 - RG59 1meter cables. The package will be officially released for Glorystar customers within the next two months.

The monoblock is currently in production and should be available and released at about the same time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)