Picking up some Sky Angel channels with a FTA dish

cablewithaview

Stand against retrans!!!
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 18, 2005
DeKalb County, AL
correct me if I'm wrong, I use to see an advertisement somewhere promoting the use of a FTA receiver and a dish similar to StarChoice and picking up IA 5 and AMC 4 and getting some, if not most of the SA channels by doing this. Go here and scroll down: http://www.adventistsat.com/ there is a link that calculates your angles for both satellites. This is a link: http://www.glorystar.tv/ for both sats. They use to sell one dish for both.

I use to see advertisement for the two sat/one dish system, but I didn't notice it when browsing through the links while ago.

If you use a big SC dish (75e dish) you should be able to get both. Let me try this weekend and see if I can get it and what signals I get (I have a SC dish at 74W)

Please do, I am curious. I know when scanning on the SC dish on the Canadian birds, not only do I pick up the F2 dvb feeds, I pick up AMC 15, I think. It's one of the Dish Net. birds. My dish is dead set on SC, so I find it odd it does that.

cable
I broke the posts off to a new topic :)

Just got done with one of the easiest repoints I ever done :)
Took my SC 75e dish (37x27 inches) and aimed right at 101. My numbers were
38 elevation
188 or so azimuth
+6 skew

I just went to Sadoun's site and put in 99 as my satellite (1/2 way between)

All TP's on 101 (religious ones) between 75-99
The TP's for Religious programs on IA5 between 60-77
I tried to get the best of both as the LNB is separated by 3.8 degrees, not 4 :)

Pictures in order
-the Dish aimed at 101/97 here in Minneapolis
-quality for TP with 3ABN (AMC4)
-quality for TP with Esparanza TV
-quality for TP with LLBN
-quality for TP with Daystar (IA5)
-quality for TP with Word & Miracle Net
-quality for TP with the TBN mux

Attachments

• IM000764.JPG
    IM000764.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 499
  • IM000765.JPG
    IM000765.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 429
  • IM000766.JPG
    IM000766.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 335
  • IM000767.JPG
    IM000767.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 312
  • IM000768.JPG
    IM000768.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 362
  • IM000769.JPG
    IM000769.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 301
  • IM000770.JPG
    IM000770.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 340
cablewithaview said:
I take it the white wire was for re aim? Nice job, o' BTW the question I asked on your receiver setting.

yep. The old 25 foot cable...been used way too many times :)
The others attached were for the FTA setup

Setup is as such

101 would be
LO 10750
22k on

97 would be
LO 10750
22k off

one cable needed and you can easily switch between channels with no extra switches needed :)

Iceberg said:
cable
I broke the posts off to a new topic :)

Just got done with one of the easiest repoints I ever done :)
Took my SC 75e dish (37x27 inches) and aimed right at 101. My numbers were
38 elevation
188 or so azimuth
+6 skew

I just went to Sadoun's site and put in 99 as my satellite (1/2 way between)

All TP's on 101 (religious ones) between 75-99
The TP's for Religious programs on IA5 between 60-77
I tried to get the best of both as the LNB is separated by 3.8 degrees, not 4 :)

Pictures in order
-the Dish aimed at 101/97 here in Minneapolis
-quality for TP with 3ABN (AMC4)
-quality for TP with Esparanza TV
-quality for TP with LLBN
-quality for TP with Daystar (IA5)
-quality for TP with Word & Miracle Net
-quality for TP with the TBN mux

We installed a FTA dish, my Uncle and I, for my Grandmother, some years ago. It was a 36" dish. Tuning into that 101 deg. satellite was not easy to do. We finally had to call a tech in. I've also helped a local adventist church with their amc 4 dish. Again, the same thing. I've never had that problem with the smaller dishes used by dish. Still, I take it as a challenge. I consider myself a decent amateur sat tech, and successfully installing an amc dish with out having to call in a pro tech is something I think I can do. Like I mentioned, I plan to get the AMC-4 set-up asap, perhaps on the 1st. I want to get a pvr receiver. I am hooked on pvr recording now.

~ Kountzer ~:up

FTA System

I purchased the FTA receiver Geosat pro DVR 1000ci with hard drive. It measures to be an approximately 33" x 37" dish. Is it possible to receive both IA5 religious stations and AMC 4 stations (3ABN) with this system/one dish? I bought it from Hope Channel, an Adventist organization, after Sky Angel crashed. It would be interesting to receive both Adventist and Sunday church channels on a single dish FTA system.

MikeCTM2 said:
I purchased the FTA receiver Geosat pro DVR 1000ci with hard drive. It measures to be an approximately 33" x 37" dish. Is it possible to receive both IA5 religious stations and AMC 4 stations (3ABN) with this system/one dish? I bought it from Hope Channel, an Adventist organization, after Sky Angel crashed. It would be interesting to receive both Adventist and Sunday church channels on a single dish FTA system.

possible, yes. A StarChoice dish is used for Canadian satellite but can also be used for both IA 5 and AMC 4 ku's.
Iceberg done a demo on this and posted it. This was something I was asking about in a previous post which got spinned over to here. I think it was GloryStar or one of those selling a FTA set up with the single dish for both satellites but I wasn't for sure which one. But if you can't get one, then E Bay has some StarChoice dishes on line for sale time to time. The newer SC dishes for F1 & F2 would be what you would want, size 75cm. I uploaded a picture of a 75 cm SC dish, notice the lnb in this picture. Something like that is what you would want. Follow the settings Ice gave and you should be set.

Attachments

• fb_1_b.JPG
    fb_1_b.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 299
Last edited:
Iceberg!!!

Can you get AMC4 Ku-Band at 101W and IA5 at 97W using just one LNBF? I have a 1.8m Channel Master dish. I also have an Invacom 0.3dB LNBF as well as a 0.6dB LNBF. It is possible to get signal from both satellite using just one LNBF and my 180cm dish?

AMC 4 Elevation is 42 and Azimuth is 255 and IA5 is 46 Elevation and 252 Azimuth. I am getting AMC 4 at 93/96 signal and 90 ~ 100 quality on most of the channels like 3ABN, Hope, FOX.

greggor48 said:
Iceberg!!!

Can you get AMC4 Ku-Band at 101W and IA5 at 97W using just one LNBF? I have a 1.8m Channel Master dish. I also have an Invacom 0.3dB LNBF as well as a 0.6dB LNBF. It is possible to get signal from both satellite using just one LNBF and my 180cm dish?

AMC 4 Elevation is 42 and Azimuth is 255 and IA5 is 46 Elevation and 252 Azimuth. I am getting AMC 4 at 93/96 signal and 90 ~ 100 quality on most of the channels like 3ABN, Hope, FOX.

I'm wondering the same because I have a FTA Dish I bought from 3ABN pointed at AMC 4. With a Manhattan Skyline 1000 receiver

Get both Adventist AMC4 and Sunday IA5 programs on one dish!

Talked to Jeff, technician at 866-552-6728 after purchasing Hope Network Geosat pro satellite and 1000ci receiver that records programs. The are in process of manufacturing new 2-eye LNBF in new brackets that will aim at AMC4 and IA5 satellites (which are a few degrees apart) to pull both Adventist and Sunday church free-to-air programming on the one dish. He said that IA5 has a good children's program. They want to be the first on the block with this new LNBF that will eliminate the need for a motor to rotate the dish between the two satellites; therefore, there will be no motor issues. The new 2-eye LNBF should be ready in one to two months. It is being manufactured now. The installers they recommend can install the Hope Network dish, then return to replace the single-eye LNBF/bracket with the two-eye LNBF/brackets when it is available. Who needs Sky Angel??!

That will be great. Can this work on all dish or only the dish that they sell? Then I can have all the channels on AMC4 and Tel Star 5 (IA5).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)