Pics of my motorized ku install

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outbackjack

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 8, 2006
maine
finally got a beautiful day to take pics of the install. you can prob see why i was skeptical of los because of the maine pine trees in the background. once i get used to this dish i will be adding the 4 footer to the yard.

Attachments

• DSCF0726.JPG
    DSCF0726.JPG
    755.4 KB · Views: 307
  • DSCF0727.JPG
    DSCF0727.JPG
    723.8 KB · Views: 333
  • DSCF0728.JPG
    DSCF0728.JPG
    819.7 KB · Views: 301
  • DSCF0730.JPG
    DSCF0730.JPG
    601.4 KB · Views: 264
Nice install! Good that you could stay low to the ground.
Here, with large buildings and snow and ice, it's a bugger having a dish high up.
Like stanleyjohn suggested, would you consider C-band? Seems like you have room and would add to your viewing pleasure. I myself am thinking of setting up my 10' bud soon even though have a small lot.
Again, nice clean install.

Outbackjack, nice pics of your set up! But there is one thing wrong with it, the lnbf bracket is in the wrong spot. Look at picture #2, it is on top of the arm and it should be on the arm so the lnbf is not on the sweet spot of the dish. That means you might have to reset the dish a little bit. It will help with signal quality. Other sat guys will tell you the same thing about the lnbf bracket.

Musher

musher, I don't know what you mean there, but, if you're familiar with that dish/lnbf>good catch! Maybe you have a picture to show the difference?

I believe musher is correct, if you can twist the LNB from side to side with the mounting bolt lose, then the plastic bracket needs be re-mounted such that it straddles the steel support arm. This will mean re-adjusting the dish elevation up to compensate for moving the LNB down. You should see improvement in your signal, because your LNB feed horn will be at the focal point of the dish.
Bob

stanleyjohn, goto the wsi website an look up the dish WS9036 and scroll down till you see the pic's of the dish and click on the middle one and look at how the lnbf bracket is mounted to the arm. I'll get some pic's of my set up at first light tomorrow.

Musher

Good call Musher, looks like you're on the money. He's mounted the lnb bracket to the top side of the support, instead of running the support bar THRU it and bolting from the bottom.
That should really help out his elevation stuff when he corrects it.

Just helping out, cause I did the same thing when I first set up my dish and looked around at pictures and posting here and all the help I got from everybody!:)
Musher

Yes, good call... The LNBF holder fits onto the end of the support arm, not on top of it. This should make a tremendous difference in performance, in fact I'm somewhat surprised it received a signal at all mounted as it is.

I can see where he would get a signal just not as optimal as possible. Think in terms of putting multiple lnb's on a dish and this is really no different. He should get a nice boost in q after the correction.

I never got a good enough signal when I did put the holder on top like that
The signal will jump when put in the right spot ;)

yea nice install

Yea nice install. But I didn't catch that as well. I was thinking the neck. But when I went back and looked. Yea the plastif black lnb holder needs to go into the pipe. Also were is the motor? lol. But then again if you are going to get a c/ku band dish. You might not need one.

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)