This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Pretty cool, how far do you slide the camera, interocular distance?

Pretty cool, how far do you slide the camera, interocular distance?

Yes, I think for me it’s like 2 1/2” so I just go with that. I also have the Eg-D focusing screen which has crosshairs on it which I use to help keep things aligned.
I also pan the camera very slightly while keeping a focus point on something, in this case one of the large LNB covers.
I set for aperture priority, auto ISO and F/16 for a better DOF.

Dee, do you have a 3D TV? I'm shooting 3D HD using a Sony TD10 and also a GoPro 3D rig.

No, I’m afraid I don’t.. I’ve never even seen a 3D TV, I’m not convinced they are worth the extra expense. I have an older blu-ray player, I doubt it supports 3D, I have a very modern blu-ray burner in my Mac which should support it but my displays don’t.

I had planned on buying a new, large TV this year but it didn’t happen, hopefully next year I can. Where would one go to see a live demo of a 3D TV?

I have several actual stereoscopic cameras (antique, I also collect antique cameras) but no 3D video equipment. I hear those are very expensive. I’m a lifelong stereoscopic fangirl. When I was little I would spend HOURS in the library staring at OLD stereo photos, it’s like a time machine where you freeze that one moment in time forever. It’s as close to time travel as one can get..

Sorry, didn’t mean to get off topic here..

Attachments

• IMG_8140.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 202
Best Buy has 3D HDTVs.

I've recently become interested in shooting 3D on roller coasters and other rides.

Back to our originally scheduled topic ...

Has bought in the autumn of 2013 new LNBF, noise-0.1 db. France working out, and Made in P.R.C. China at itself collects for Europe. Has cleaned old LNB with noise 0,2-0,3 db on this new with noise 0,1 db. The signal has well grown up, more on 5-15 % quality.

Borisov how many channels do you get with your setup? Do you have a lot of channels that are scrambled?

Dan Rose

Good afternoon.
how many channels do you get with your setup?
-Dan Rose-
The good question, the answer - is a lot of. At present at me in a city on a balcony costs 4 Dish and 7 companions catching. And in 3 km from a city I have still a wooden house with a site of 20 hundred parts or 31?65 metre. On a summer residence at me 6 Dish on 44 companions. + the motor with Dish-1,1 m-it from the companion motor-44 in KU diapazone.-or 1095 channels in FTA and 20 channels in coding BISS, Cryptoworks, Viaccess. Go.
16 companions are connected through switchboard DiSEqC v1,1 4/1. The cascade.

Here my list Dish

And it only I have chosen itself excellent channels. And if still to look various advertising, shop, sex by phone, the Arabian channels and other. That will be approximately 5000 channels.

These are all there were I FTA channels. Paid package IPTV through the Internet under telephone number is Still connected. On it at me 46 channels. The traffic of the Internet and price IPTV more low on a photo.

At us in the Union still it is possible to look paid packages =?????? =-?/?-viewing. Package NTV + - 5$ from the companion 36?. But for illegal installation of the equipment and viewing there is article of the criminal code at us.

Last edited:
you guys are so lucky over there. here every thing is paid tv service not much for FTA its just that popular over here unless you are a HAM radio operator. Manly you have to have a C band dish to get a lot of channels not much on ku band. I get about 40 channels with my setup.

Dan Rose

Okay, so I don't have a farm yet, but here is my first install and current setup. I hope the file size is okay...I tried to find the forum rules for image size...seems like I once seen them somewhere.....Probably not looking in the correct spot.

Attachments

• FTA1_1.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 229

I must say I am very impressed and the creativity and thought put into this project! This gives hope to the folks with CC&Rs for sure! Very NICE setup!!! PROPS!!!

TheHamNerd

I've used irfanview to resize most attachments down to 800x640 or so. Some smaller, some a bit larger. Just so they fit on everyones screen. (It Crops also, amongst other things) Saves bandwidth and there's enough detail. Your's there are Prrrrfekt.
forum rules for image size
Don't think there is any....(Psss - I've seen 6400x4800px images attached)

Yep it worked. I actually did view your dish farm in 3D on my laptop. Okay so now how do I uncross my eyes! lol

This is my 1,2m Gregorian dish, just installed on balcony. I can turn it from 31,5*E till 12,5*W. Dish is 15 (or even more) years old, but still in great shape. Quality is much better than majority of nowadays products made of tin). I've also tried C-band on it, yes, it is possible, but not interesting, so use it as originally designed- for Ku-band. And, BTW, I do not agree with statement that fixed antenna can perform better than motorized one. If motorized following Clarke-belt than there are no concerns about performance.
Video, how it moves you can download here.

Attachments

• P1300899 (Large).JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 286
  • P1300872 (Large).JPG
    296.2 KB · Views: 279
  • P1300953 (Large).JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 314
More pics again.

Attachments

• 20140807_201301.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 239
  • 20140807_201246.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 237
  • 20140807_201238.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 234
Reactions: Borisov-54
My balcony is so small that it is even not possible to make good picture of mini-farm. Behind toroidal antenna there is also small terrestrial antenna hidden.
Sat dishes: T90, Gregorian Delta Star 120 (arc 31,5*E-12,5*W) and Gregorian Kreiselmeyer (arc 53*E-30*W)

Status
Please reply by conversation.