pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Your JD mower is hopefully on dry land and safe.

It don't look like you will be mowing any time soon.

Maybe check out one of those JD Gators! ;)

Your JD mower is hopefully on dry land and safe.

It don't look like you will be mowing any time soon.

Maybe check out one of those JD Gators! ;)

Yep... The water did rise up about 4 inches on it during the worst but all the important parts are more than high enough. Plus I spent the extra $100 for the weather cover. I wish I had a shed to put it in but I can't build stuff (much less afford to)...

Attachments

• IMG_4444.resized.JPG
    IMG_4444.resized.JPG
    187 KB · Views: 237
Latest pic of the StogieTeleport,Slidell,LA,70460.

Fueled on Powerade Zero and handrolled cigars, rock on gents, rock on. :D

Foreground to background: 12' Paraclipse Mesh, 10' Channel Master Solid, 1m Primestar, 8' Birdview, and way in the back, Directv Dish. :)

Attachments

• 2011-07-15_11-13-44_680[1].jpg
    2011-07-15_11-13-44_680[1].jpg
    758.4 KB · Views: 292
Some Pictures of the Ever Growing CT Dish Farm

In the first picture is my newly installed 84e dish. What a well build dish! Aimed at AMC-21. Directly behind is the 1.2m motorized Ku dish. To the right is the Sami 10ft with Dual C/Ku Ortho feed. To the left is my first motorized Ku dish. Behind that in the corner is a WSI dish aimed at AMC-21. Not seen is the decommissioned Paraclipse still on the roof and the 12 ft Sami on the other side of the house used for Noaaport.

The 2nd picture shows the whole farm. On the left is the Unimesh 5.9ft aimed at AMC-18 (going to move to the roof this fall to try for AMC-7 or 8.) and the 10ft Sami on the right.

DishFarm.jpg84e Dish.jpg

IMG_4844[2].JPG

This is what I have so far, my other three are still on the ground.

Left - C 58W (Winegard 7.5)
Center - C/Ku arc travel (Winegard 7.5)
Right - 4ft at 97W (temp setup)

Everything was rearranged and Cband added for 2011. Lot of work this summer :)

Attachments

• IS805 003.JPG
    IS805 003.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 224
  • IS805 010.JPG
    IS805 010.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 252
This may solidify the fact I am nuts....or at least my neighbors think it :)

So you have this dilemma....one program on from 4-5 on one satellite, another from 6:30-7:30 on a different satellite and something that starts at 8 on the same sat as the 1st program

So whaddyado?

Get a motorized dish? Nah...
Ghetto move a dish from one sat to the other then back? Nah....
Only watch one of the sats? Nah.....

screw it...set up both dishes outside so all ya gotta do is swap the cable from one sat to the other :)

Attachments

• PICT0122.JPG
    PICT0122.JPG
    791.5 KB · Views: 318
  • PICT0123.JPG
    PICT0123.JPG
    702.3 KB · Views: 296
What satellites where these two dishes pointing at Iceberg? The first dish has a low elevation.

137 for 360North (they have some good programs) and wanted to see if anything new on the RTV front with the S2 mux (nothing much but 2 affiliates are gone) and the DVB mux
97W for AMGTV

That one at 137W the elevation the slider on the back (to adjust elevation) is really bad and doesnt slide real well so I leave it on 137 normally. If I WD40 the hell out of it it slides a little better but its really rusted

That one might be pointing at FreeDBS! ;)
now thats funny....
But I am pointed at Free DBS...I get about 30 free channels on that satellite between the 3 Alaska ones and the 25 or so Luken channels. I have all the Luken nets (RTV, PBJ, FGOE, Tuff TV, My Family) on one satellite in DVB so any receiver works fine :)

now thats funny....
But I am pointed at Free DBS...I get about 30 free channels on that satellite between the 3 Alaska ones and the 25 or so Luken channels. I have all the Luken nets (RTV, PBJ, FGOE, Tuff TV, My Family) on one satellite in DVB so any receiver works fine :)

That is where my motorized :)p) 10' Channel Master has been parked! :up

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

New projects for the new year

How do I install a 40mm LNBF on a Prodelin 8 foot offset dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)

Latest posts