pics of the dish farm...post yours too :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Newbie here, I'll join the fun.

IMAG0015.jpg IMAG0019.jpg
8' Aluminum, 10' Fiberglass, 15' fiberglass (on the ground), 6' fiberglass offset feed, and 3' fiberglass. Unfortunately the 15' probably isn't going to be pointed skyward this year before winter sets in for me.

Last edited:
:welcomeTo the forum. Got' to say:"Nice Dishes" there.
The 6 Ft fiberglass looks to be a CM.(well, OK, it is, just noticed the logo badge on the front. COOL!) That'd on my ultimate "Wish(bucket) List" but will still be happy with the (2)1.2m CM's I do have. The 10 ft also looks to be heavy duty commercial unit. brand? Doesn't matter, NICE!

I don't remember if I've posted the most recent pictures of my small satellite farm, so I'll put these up here. I've got the two 8' Birdviews - the solid one is stationary on 97°W and the perforated one tracks from 79°W to 139°W. I've also got two Primestar 84E dishes mounted on the side of the house - one pointing to 72°W and the other to 74°W.

Attachments

• 2011-09-24 09.50.34.jpg
    2011-09-24 09.50.34.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 212
  • 2011-09-24 09.50.07.jpg
    2011-09-24 09.50.07.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 233
Well today dish number 7 was finished so I've got my second Prodelin 1.2M dish setup and for now is on 97W with a single LNBF for the KU channels, will add a second one later. Was going to aim it on 30W but decided against that as I've heard enough spanish to last a life time. So for now I've got a cable going onto a Channel Master switch box for my GeoSatpro so I can switch between C and KU, now just looking for a deal on a old FTA receiver.

Attachments

• img232.jpg
    img232.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 240
Thanks guys for the welcomes, and thanks for all the pictures of your dishes too. Gives me inspiration on how to improve my own setup. Also makes me feel good to know I'm not the only "crazy" person out there with a yard full of parabolas.

I've been really lucky here; my job has allowed me to buddy up to a local radio station engineer and he's learned that I'll be glad to take all of his old "junk" off his hands. Most of these dishes came from him, the 6', the 10' and the 15'. Also a lot of ham radio toys; hardline, antennas, tower sections, connectors, mics, mic stands, equipment racks, old tubes, etc... wow, I never realized how much of a scavenger I am until I typed this all out.

Unfortunately the 10' is down now and was destroyed in the process of coming down. I wanted to make room for the 15' to go up. Once we got the 10 down, realized we couldn't hook up the 15 to the skid steer that was on hand that day. Right now I'm waiting for one of my neighbors to feel sorry for me and show up with a tractor or forklift or something to get it up in the air.

FatAir, I don't know what kind of dish the 10' was, but it was definitely an old commercial heavy duty thing. The part you can't see is all the detail with the huge thrust bearings and stuff. Also many customizations from over the years at the radio station before it was finally retired. They had it setup as a hand-crank polar mount, and I added the motor when I got it. Unfortunately the motor was setup so it would run right off the end to the east and the dish would fall and point at the eastern horizon. I had to keep track of it when turning it. I'm going to miss that dish :'( Many years of good FTA viewing from that thing.

18", 1.8m and 36" offset

They're leaning up against the fence. A comparison.

Climy

Attachments

• dish_mix.jpg
    dish_mix.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 209
Here's some pictures of a 3 meter KTI dish I finally had time to install. I picked up a few years back and it's been in storage until earlier this year.

Attachments

• IMG_0102.JPG
    IMG_0102.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0103.JPG
    IMG_0103.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 189
AT&T Teleport Eagle River, Ak.

A couple pics from our Gateway (Teleport) in Eagle River, Ak. just outside of Anchorage. This is the main uplink/downlink center for the AT&T network throughout the state.

Attachments

• Eqpt Rm - 107_108.jpg
    Eqpt Rm - 107_108.jpg
    924.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Eqpt Rm - Central East.jpg
    Eqpt Rm - Central East.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 284
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 318
First Snow (YUK) that stuck

Got the 2nd 1.2 on a temporary stand. Don't think it can go anywhere. Unfortunately, it's not a polar mount.

Attachments

• 2010FirstSnow.jpg
    2010FirstSnow.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 242
  • TempPoleMount2m.jpg
    TempPoleMount2m.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 230
"Farm" for this Winter

Well, it is just getting too cold out to play with dishes any more this year. Todays 4 hours ended up with stiff fingers. So this will be the "farm" until it warms up in the Spring.:)

DSC02243.jpg

Curious me. Picture #3 "AT&T Teleport Eagle River, Ak.". Are those "heaters" on the underside of that dish? Yeah, the cubes with the black tubing going to the underside of the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 6)