Picture/Audio Freeze issues on recordings with the new software

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ONUOsFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 14, 2007
Fishers, IN
Sorry, guys - I know there's been a thread on this already, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Since I got the new software last week I've been having problems with the picture and audio stuttering or freezing for a split second when playing back recorded programs.

Anyone else seeing this and/or have any suggestions?

Sorry, guys - I know there's been a thread on this already, but for the life of me I can't find it.

Since I got the new software last week I've been having problems with the picture and audio stuttering or freezing for a split second when playing back recorded programs.

Anyone else seeing this and/or have any suggestions?
which reciever? which software? after looking again I see you have (2) HR20-700. is it on both or just one?

which reciever? which software? after looking again I see you have (2) HR20-700. is it on both or just one?

I haven't watched anything on the bedroom receiver recently, so I can't say for sure.

It is running the recent national release (034C, I think?).

I also had a recording from last night that was supposed to be two hours and showed that way in the list, but quit after 57 minutes...?

I haven't watched anything on the bedroom receiver recently, so I can't say for sure.

It is running the recent national release (034C, I think?).

I also had a recording from last night that was supposed to be two hours and showed that way in the list, but quit after 57 minutes...?
possible bad hard drive, I have seen this alot with the 20's

OK, so after going through resets, calling DirecTV and having to read off signal strengths, etc, they sent me a new (refurb) HR20-700.

And guess what? Same problem. And on top of that, the hard drive in this box is annoyingly loud, to the point of being a distraction.

Of course I'm going to try to call and get another replacement (maybe an HR22 or 23 this time?), but I thought I'd try you guys one more time, because I think I've narrowed down the problem a bit more.

It seems to happen most often when playing back OTA recordings, especially if we're watching a recorded show while one or more other things are recording. It's interesting, too, because with the noise from the hard drive I've noticed that the freezes tend to coincide with the hard drive working "harder." My signal strengths are fine for OTA - 100% pretty much all the way around - so it's not that, and I can still trace the start of the problem back to the release of the new software.

Any other ideas?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts