Picture Break Up

craigs2553

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 11, 2004
Did anybody else besides myself experience picture breakups and bad pix-elations last night? I was getting it watching farm-aid on rave and on one of VOOM's movie channels (don't remember the channel). The movie was Fire Base Gloria I think. Farm-aid was almost unwatchable. What is causing these problems? I had clear Sky's and a strong signal of 96%.

Yes, I certainly did. ALL channels were stuttering and pixelating about every 15-20 seconds. No exaggeration! Obviously, too annoying to watch anything that way. I had a 92 signal at the time. I first noticed this while watching CH100 News. Then out of curiosity, checked all the VOOM exclusives as well as DiscoveryHD and various SD channels. All had the same thing going on. Sorry, but I don't remember the time. I was just going to forget it until I saw your post.

I read the posts about tuning to a strong OTA, etc. I don't have OTA into the VOOM receiver. I don't use a diplexor. So those things weren't affecting my picture. I put the OTA feed directly into my TV as it works better that way. (The TV has a built in HDTV tuner)

I did all the things like the red button and hard and soft reboots. I hate to do these reboots as the PG takes so damned long to reload. Anyway, nothing helped so I just turned the TV off and worked in the shop. I haven't tried it yet today. I'll post if it is still doing this today.

I didn't try the reboot neither. Didn't think it would help. Maybe Voom was doing some kind of upgrades. I hope it doesn't become a regular occurrence.

Charrasqueado said:
I don't have OTA into the VOOM receiver. I don't use a diplexor. So those things weren't affecting my picture. I put the OTA feed directly into my TV as it works better that way.
Charrasqueado, try changing the OTA channel on VOOM receiver anyway. The problem has nothing to do with diplexers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)