Picture in Picture Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
I have an HD Tivo and an OTA. For some reason, I can't get my PIP to work. I can split the screen, but when I switch channels it switches both sides.

I can use PIP when my dvd or vcr is working. I just can't get it to work with satellite. Am I doing something wrong here.

You need two separate video feeds for PIP. That is why it is only working when you DVD or VCR are in operation. If you want to watch two separate channels you would need to separate D* receivers.

Never tried it, but I don't think it will work because there is only one feed coming out of the box even though there are two internal tuners. Could be wrong though.

gator22 said:
You need two separate video feeds for PIP. That is why it is only working when you DVD or VCR are in operation. If you want to watch two separate channels you would need to separate D* receivers.
Or any other video input, for example, if you split your OTA signal and feed it into the TV you could also split the signal using the OTA as one side of your split screen.

Jimbo

Jimbos said:
Or any other video input, for example, if you split your OTA signal and feed it into the TV you could also split the signal using the OTA as one side of your split screen.

Jimbo

Would I degrade the OTA signal if I split it in the manner suggested?

Status
Please reply by conversation.