Picture Quality on HR24

Status
Please reply by conversation.

joefloyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 28, 2008
nc
I recently moved one of my H24 boxes to the den and hooked it up to one of the inputs on my Sony LCD TV. I already had the HR24 hooked up to another input. Long story short, when I switched inputs, the picture quality on the H24 was much sharper, brighter and clearer than the HR24. When I play recorded shows throught the H24, they are also much clearer than when played from the HR24. It's as if the brightness, contrast, sharpness were all turned much higher on the H24. I never knew till they were directly compared on the same TV. I tried switching inputs, cable and such with the same results. Anyone else notice this on their boxes?? I moved the H24 so that I could watch a separate program while I recorded 2 others.

Wondering if the original install was not fine tuned when using the HR24 ....
Was the same input used ?

The units should be similar video wise.
With my Pioneer Elite and most higher end TV's you can set each Input separately from another.

I do notice that since the CE update my SD tv (H24) looks dark. I had to increase the brightness of the tv. I don't think this has anything to do with the CE update just that the new update uses darker colors. I just think the tv is 12 years old and dark movies are hard to see.

Wonder what the chances of getting a swapout for my HR24. It's such a noticeable difference, I hate to have to watch the picture on the HR. What fees would I incur for a direct exchange??

Wonder what the chances of getting a swapout for my HR24. It's such a noticeable difference, I hate to have to watch the picture on the HR. What fees would I incur for a direct exchange??

Your best bet would be to get one online (site Sponsors, Claude at Dish Store) or Solid Signal are places to try.
Then once you have it, hook it up, call to Activate and have them send you a return box for the one your turning OFF)

Status
Please reply by conversation.