Picture Size

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bob_stan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 22, 2010
Upstate NY
I am new to Dish and have a VIP-922 and a Samsung LCD - HD TV. I understand the different zoom modes available more or less. However, in the Utica NY area our available PBS station is the national channel 62. That station will not zoom the same as the others. There are always black borders no matter what the mode. What causes this? The picture is OK, just different and smaller.

I don't have an answer but i have seen what you are seeing.

I can burn a widescreen recording from my 722 to a DVD. It plays at home perfect on a Sony DVD player via HDMI to a Vizio WS tv. In my RV, the same DVD played on a panasonic HT system with HDMI to a Panasonic WS tv looks just like what you describe.

Now a widescreen movie dvd plays perfect and will zoom to fill the screen, if you wish and my HD stations look like they should.

I suspect that it has something to do with the original PBS signal and the combination of the equipment you are using.

Last edited:
I used to zoom in and out, but finally just got tired of it. I set the DVR to 16:9 and the TV to "Just Scan". Every once in awhile I may hit the 'format' button on the DISH remote to stretch the local news, but normally just for the radar/weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)