Pictures Freezes and Jumps? but with strong signal strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

db54

SatelliteGuys Family
Aug 20, 2004
Ok, being new at this satellite stuff, i understand that weather can affect signals, as it is right now with a storm passing through our area. I get locals on sat 119 and the video is choppy and freezing up but i have run a signal strength on all transponders and they all test in the 95-99 range. There's something i am not understanding here.

Any help is appreciated :yes

Anybody? :(

Is it possibly the uplink since the downlink signal strength is ok?

are you sure you were checking the transponders on the 119 satellite? they should be transponders 23-32. Make sure your checking the 119 sat. what brand is your receiver?

Murf1372 said:
are you sure you were checking the transponders on the 119 satellite? they should be transponders 23-32. Make sure your checking the 119 sat. what brand is your receiver?

Murf, 23-32 on 119 all test 95-99. I have D10 receivers in 3 rooms and they all are having the same problems. System test also shows no problems.

Just confirmed with DirecTV, that the uplink facility which uplinks the locals in my area, was damaged by the storm we had pass through earlier this evening. :eek:

got a question for you why we are all talking sat. 119, I have 90-99 on all sats and transponders except for 199's transponder 29, and 31, anything I should be worried about?? please help my signal ranges from 23-61 on those transponders but just those two everything else is in the high 90's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)