Pictures of 1000.2 Dish

need help with a dish 1000 set up

ok, i am kinda a newbie. being i have set up lots of single LNB dish's (mini)
and have even re aimed my dish 500 2 lnb dish. but i have never done a dish 1000 and i am trying to help a friend set up his. question. i have his dish kit but do not see a switch. do i need one and were does it go ? did not see one on the pictures on this thread.
and in what order do i run the cable to the LNB's do es it go from one to another then to the sat dish >?
thanks
chad

I will second that! However even though I am in the high 50's off 129 I have not had any problems - knock on wood. Unfortunately my HD locals are on TP2 which is one of the lower % signals. Maybe the installer was right when he said the MPEG-4 signal does not need as high % signal from the satellite as the non MPEG-4 channels.

Jeff

Actually its 100% the opposite - as small errors in MPEG2 only take up a small portion of the picture - the same size error in MPEG4 takes up a much larger portion of the picture.

It's very if you consider a frame at 100KB in MPEG2 and you get a 2KB error, its 2% - however if you have 50KB frame in MPEG4 and get a 2KB error, its now 4%. Depending on the frame type, as other frames track the changes off of them, this can even be more of a problem with MPEG4, as there is less information for the subsequent frames to work of off - until a new I Frame is transmitted.

Chadjones99, this thread is about the new Dish 1000.2. A few of the pictures show an assembly with 3 LNBs, 3 receiver outputs, and an input for a 4th LNB. The DishPro Plus switch is integrated in that head piece.

The original Dish 1000 normally comes with a DPP Twin and a separate Dual LNB which gets plugged into the DPP Twin's LNB input. The DPP Twin, like all Twins and Quads, has an integrated switch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)