Pictures of 1000.2 Dish

As mentioned in my previous post, the installer peaked the dish for the 129 bird using a single, spare LNB and fixed the dish in that position before installing the triple LNB of the 1000.2... I read on the install guide for the Dish 1000.2 that the dish should be peaked for 119... could this be the reason for low signal levels on the 129 transponders?

The manual indicates to peak using 119. My experience so far with this dish is that yes you want to peak it using 119. By peaking off 119, 110 and 129 just fall into place and get better signal readings.

I recently upgraded from a SuperDish 121 + DPP44 + 942/811 setup to a Dish 1000.2 + 622/211 configuration. I am getting a signal level of only high 40's / low 50's on many transponders on the 129 bird. Some transponders are in the 50's - 60's range and a few come in at high 70's (therefore I am getting a range like 48 - 78) The HD channels all seem to be coming in fine. Should I just leave it as is ("don't fix it if it ain't broke") or should I call Dish Tech support and have them come and re-point the dish? What, if anything is the disadvantage of having signal levels below 50? (since I seem to be getting the HD channels just fine). I must mention that the installer peaked for the 129 bird with just a single spare LNB, fixed the Dish in that position and then attached the Triple LNB of the Dish 1000.2...Was this correct? I recall reading somewhere that the dish 1000.2 needs to be peaked for the 119 bird and that the other two birds will then automatically come in at maximum levels. Any thoughts on this? Incidentally, I get good signal levels in the 80's and 90's on the 110 and 119 birds.

I'm in a similar predicament, but I haven't yet checked the various transponders. I live in the Boise, ID area, and just upgraded to a 622 and the 1000.2 dish. Our local channels are breaking up. 110 and 119 show in the low 80s, while 129 hovers around 48-51. I called Dish tech support, and they're sending someone out to fix it early next week. Given my location, what could I reasonably expect for 129? I just want to make sure I'm getting the best signal possible, I'd rather not have to deal with another service call.

thanks!

I'm in a similar predicament, but I haven't yet checked the various transponders. I live in the Boise, ID area, and just upgraded to a 622 and the 1000.2 dish. Our local channels are breaking up. 110 and 119 show in the low 80s, while 129 hovers around 48-51. I called Dish tech support, and they're sending someone out to fix it early next week. Given my location, what could I reasonably expect for 129? I just want to make sure I'm getting the best signal possible, I'd rather not have to deal with another service call.

thanks!
I've heard that the 129 signal is not all that great in the western part of the U.S (especially the west coast) so that may be the best you can get for the 129... not sure though. One option would be to add a wing dish pointed at 61.5 (the 1000.2 LNB has an input for a fourth orbital slot)

I've heard that the 129 signal is not all that great in the western part of the U.S (especially the west coast) so that may be the best you can get for the 129... not sure though. One option would be to add a wing dish pointed at 61.5 (the 1000.2 LNB has an input for a fourth orbital slot)

And you see....this is my biggest b*tch with Dish right now. They emphasize and impress upon the techs to use the 61.5 as a last resort. Yet, the 129 is the biggest POS this side of the 105. Worse...their premium/HD programming resides there. If anything, you would expect your HD bird to be the best and most powerful out of the fleet.

I have been using the dish 1000.2 dish for a week now and just installed one at my parents house today. I get great strengths:

119 in the 100s and 90s
129 with 80's and 90s
110 with 90s and high 80s : about the same as with a dish 500, maybe a little better.

I haven' t had any breakups on my hd channels or my locals on 110. It rained last week and it was constant all day and no rain fade. The key is to get the skew right like it says in the directions. Even though the directions say not to change the elevation , I did . It says 45 for both my home and my parents home across town. I set mine at 46 and got the best strengths on all 3 sats. I set my parents at 44 and that gave them the best strength on all three sats. We get about the same strengths on everything even though the elevation is different by 2 points. I used a simple $19.95 sat meter and it worked just fine to lock in the best strength . I will be glad when they do get a new sat up at 129 in two years so the wobble won't affect the 129 strengths making it go up and down , but so far no problems with the dish 1000.2. KNOCK ON WOOD!! I like them and I only wish I could buy a couple of triple lnbs for back up in case of any failures. I hate to go without my sat service for anytime at all.

Location, location, location. Lucky you Mike that you can get those readings off 129. Unfortunately, not everyone can get those readings unless they setup a second and bigger dish.

Location, location, location. Lucky you Mike that you can get those readings off 129. Unfortunately, not everyone can get those readings unless they setup a second and bigger dish.

I will second that! However even though I am in the high 50's off 129 I have not had any problems - knock on wood. Unfortunately my HD locals are on TP2 which is one of the lower % signals. Maybe the installer was right when he said the MPEG-4 signal does not need as high % signal from the satellite as the non MPEG-4 channels.

Jeff

I only hope that the new satellite that they put up there to replace the wobbly 129 satellite , will make the dish 1000.2 work for the entire country in a couple of years. IT is a very easy install and it looks great compared to the old dish 1000 installations. I wonder how the new dish 1000plus dishes do on sat strengths on 110/119 since that dish is even bigger than the dish 1000.2?

And you see....this is my biggest b*tch with Dish right now. They emphasize and impress upon the techs to use the 61.5 as a last resort. Yet, the 129 is the biggest POS this side of the 105. Worse...their premium/HD programming resides there. If anything, you would expect your HD bird to be the best and most powerful out of the fleet.

Ain't that the truth! They charge a premium price for their higest quality signal and then put it all on POS bird that hardly anyone on the west coast can get a stable signal from. :mad:

I put a 1000.2 in for my cousin last week. Flashbacks to doing phase 3 installs for DirecTV, it was much easier than my 1000. Signals at her place in eastern Ohio were

110- 95%
119-105%
129- 83%

I like it!

The reason I ask is that there's a big difference in TP strength with 129. TP 30 and 31 are pretty high around 90 but the rest of TPs are usually around 60s or 70s. So if you have 83 in a TP different than 30 and 31 then it's very good.

I got 101 on transponder 31 this morning on my dish 1000.2 . I get great strengths on all the transponders in the mid 80s and 90s and the lowest one is 75 on one transponder. I really think the dish 1000.2 will work for most if they do the install right. I could get even stronger signals if I change the elevation to peak it on 129 sat instead of 119, but I would lose about 5 - 10 points on the 119 and 110 sats. I don't want to sacrifice that much signal to get a better signal on 129. Especially since I am not having any dropouts on signal on 129 now and my strengths are in the 100s on 119 and high 90s on 110.

The reason I ask is that there's a big difference in TP strength with 129. TP 30 and 31 are pretty high around 90 but the rest of TPs are usually around 60s or 70s. So if you have 83 in a TP different than 30 and 31 then it's very good.

I'd say that's an average for the eastern half of Ohio. I usually check TP 17 on the 129. I'm assuming the other values were based on TP 11 on the 110 and 119?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts