Pictures of 1000.2 Dish

I also had a 61.5 sat and I hooked it into the triple lnb and now get 4 satellites in my check switch. I get 90s and 100s and greater using a dish 500 , a single dual lnb centered in the middle of the dish. *** THe best part of all this is that the receiver will default to 61.5 for all hd channels instead of 129 so I get the best of both . Stronger signals on all satellites and better signals for 129 and if Dish ever gets the RSNs up in hd I will be ready for my area. I can easily move as well to any HD city on 61.5 or 129 satellites since they are all conus beam.

I am in hog heaven right now. The best $99.00 I have spent in a long time.:D

Are you sure it defaults to 61.5?? How were you able to check this?? If this is the case, I might be getting me another dish for 61.5. What kind of dish would I need to get this to work?? Man, if this is the case...this will be great. Thanks for the information.

How I installed this was first, I already had a dish 1000 with a side sat dish 500 for 61.5. When I did my change out to the dish 1000.2 , I left both receivers on a channel on 61.5 sat on both tuners. Then I had to use aluminum foil to cover the 129 and 110 sats so I could peak it on 119 on the triple lnb. Then once I was sure I removed the foil and I locked everything down I ran a check switch. When I got through I had all 4 satellites and I went back to watching my shows on Voom from 61.5 sat.

I checked several times last night and today and every time I checked on a channel I knew was going to be on 61.5 /129 sat for signal stength, it would show only 61.5 sat. I get stronger signal strength on most of the channels off of the 61.5 sat so I don't know if this causes the receiver to default to 61.5 or not. I also don't have anything like locals or hd RSNs yet that are coming off of 129 so I have no reason to change from 61.5 to 129 yet for any channels.

Now this morning I took the 61.5 sat dish down to realign it while the receivers were on a Voom channel on both receivers. When I came back in the receiver was still on the Voom channel but it was coming off of 129 instead of 61.5 since I had took the dish down . When I put the dish back and came back in all of my Voom channels were coming off of the 129 sat instead of 61.5 . So I went back out and put foil over the 129 sat only , reran the check switch and then tried to tune to a Voom channel on both receivers and it came back in on the 61.5 sat again. I then removed the foil and reran the check switch again and I got all 4 sats again then I looked and my receivers were tuned to Voom and I checked and once again it was on the 61.5 sat.

I think the key is to never turn to any channel off of the 129 sat if you want it to default to 61.5 but I have no way to test it ,since I don't have any other sat channels coming off of the 129 sat. Maybe if I had locals off of 129 and then I tried to tune to a Voom channel it would default to 129 then. But either way for my use it is fine. I am getting great strengths on all my satellites and when the RSN in HD finally is made available I will get it in hd off of 129. So I 'm set either way.

That sounds good. I may have to look into getting a second dish for 61.5 if I start having signal problems. But, I think for now..I am good. Thanks.

I noticed late last night that my hd channels were coming off of 129 instead of 61.5 sat. I tuned to the dish hdtv channel 9443 ,which is off of the 61.5 sat and then tune to an hd channel it would go back to 61.5 sat for any hd channels that I tuned to from then on. It worked that way for the Public service channels that come off of 61.5 too. If I tune to them first, then tune to an hd channel it will come off of 61.5 . So I guess it would default to 129 sat unless you tune into a 61.5 sat channel then tune to an hd channel.

I really don't know what causes the hd channels to go to the 129 sat unless maybe the signal strength gets stronger on that sat at different times of the day when the satellite wobbles a certain way. Maybe that hd channel on that transponder is stronger on 129 during that time of the day when I tune to it , then on the 61.5 sat. Maybe what ever transponder is stronger in strength during the day wins in deciding whether it goes to 129 or 61.5? Either way I can make it come off of the 61.5 sat if I want to, so I guess that is something.

Since I won a D1000.2 last night :D, I'll report my readings on 129 once installed. I'm in Northern California so that may give you an idea.

So did you get your new dish installed yet? Just wondering what your numbers on 129 are like being we are about the same latitude.

Thanks,
Jeff

So did you get your new dish installed yet? Just wondering what your numbers on 129 are like being we are about the same latitude.

Thanks,
Jeff

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance. I spent 4 days in bed with high fever and now that I'm beginning to feel a little better is raining here. I doubt that I'll have a chance this coming week too, so it will be until next weekend. Sorry.

RandallA -- And I thought you were dedicated, but are you gonna let a little pneumonia and rain keep you in? :D Hell, I don't blame you. Get well.
I noticed late last night that my hd channels were coming off of 129 instead of 61.5 sat. I tuned to the dish hdtv channel 9443 ,which is off of the 61.5 sat and then tune to an hd channel it would go back to 61.5 sat for any hd channels that I tuned to from then on. It worked that way for the Public service channels that come off of 61.5 too. If I tune to them first, then tune to an hd channel it will come off of 61.5 . So I guess it would default to 129 sat unless you tune into a 61.5 sat channel then tune to an hd channel.
Some Dish channels have the same numbers and some don't, but all of the HD Channels that are on 61.5 and 129 uses the same channel numbers.

Even if I would go through some boxes of books in the garage and find it, I could read up on how tables (NIT ?) work in satellite systems, but probably still would not know what I'm talking about. :D

Anyway, maybe the reason for it using either satellite 61.5 or 129 is based on this table, and it finds the "Channel Number" you are looking for on the current satellite, or whichever those two that you had visited last.:eureka

I am prob. missing something here, but how can you tell which sat. the channel is coming from?

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance. I spent 4 days in bed with high fever and now that I'm beginning to feel a little better is raining here. I doubt that I'll have a chance this coming week too, so it will be until next weekend. Sorry.

No Problem - glad to hear you are feeling better.

Jeff

"RandallA -- And I thought you were dedicated, but are you gonna let a little pneumonia and rain keep you in? Hell, I don't blame you. Get well."

Thanks Smity and Jeff. Well, I'm not that dedicated I guess. I really thought it was pneumonia because that's what my daughter had but it turned out to be a pretty strong case of the Flu. It hasn't been fun around this home in the last 2 weeks, now my wife has it.

Since I won a D1000.2 last night :D, I'll report my readings on 129 once installed. I'm in Northern California so that may give you an idea.

They were supposed to install one here this morning, I think. Is the 1000.2 a 24" dish?? At any rate the installer showed, had no idea what he was here for, and did not want to do the install.

He was one of the bunch that came out with the original D1000 and left us without a workable signal. As soon as he started balking I told him to hit the road.

He left I nice big oil spot out in the drive from his POS vehicle.

Next attempt is scheduled tomorrow, we shall see which one they (Linkus) send out this time. They have some pretty good ones and some real duds.

Rain and snow here, biggest storm of the season.

Well, there was a break in the rain today and I installed the D1000.2. It took me about an hour to remove the old D500, put the new one in and aligned it. I left the other D500 for 129 in place just in case I need to go back.

Very easy to setup and found 119 right away, just peaked and ran check switch. Began checking the signals on 119 and they improved, good. Moved to 110, and they were the same or just a notch lower, but it's still OK. Moved to 129 and I'm not very happy with the readings on 129. They are from 10 to 20 points lower than what I had before on my D500 (with I bracket).

It's started raining again so I'm not going back up there, so repeaking will need to wait until Friday afternoon. Granted, I didn't spend too much time peaking the dish but I don't believe that I'll be able to improve those signals on 129 by much. Very dissapointed! and will probably go back to the 2 dish solution. Oh well.

Sounds like you are too dialed in on 119, causing the other 2 to drop. Now that you have all three, peak 129.

Sounds real close to my experience here in northern Colorado (about the same latitude). I spent alot of time peaking 129 and was only able to improve about 5% over the original install. My locals over TP2 are at 55-57% on a clear day - not too pleased.

Jeff

Sounds like you are too dialed in on 119, causing the other 2 to drop. Now that you have all three, peak 129.

That's the plan for the next Friday but I don't see how the signal on 129 is gonna improve to what I have right now. I had mid 70s and 80s on most tps with TP 30 and TP 31 in the lower 90s with the D500 and the I bracket.

I'm getting upper 50s and 60s with the D1000.2. I need to improve the numbers by 15-20 pts, I don't see that happening.

Sounds real close to my experience here in northern Colorado (about the same latitude). I spent alot of time peaking 129 and was only able to improve about 5% over the original install. My locals over TP2 are at 55-57% on a clear day - not too pleased.

Jeff

Jeff, is this with a D1000 or a D1000.2?

It is a 1000.2 installed 2 weeks ago. I just checked TP 30 and 31 and I have high 80's on those. The rest of the TP's are in low 60's high 50's with a few mid 80's mixed in. The installer told me the MPEG-4 doesn't need high % signal and that mid 50's is normal for my area for TP2 on 129. So far I have had just a few pixelation issues but maybe that is normal?

Jeff