7.JPG
    231.8 KB · Views: 1,135
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    260.2 KB · Views: 1,192
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 1,245
Nice. I was thinking of putting the PI in the attic but then it wouldn't be on a UPS. I was also worried about attic temps down here, it gets a tad warm up there.

BTW, I think you need to update your sig to reflect the D* stuff, assuming this is your setup.

your conduit is going to fill up with water unless those are just small pieces for weedwacker protection.

your conduit is going to fill up with water unless those are just small pieces for weedwacker protection.

Small pcs for weed wacker protection :)

My wife gets happy with it when she uses it.

Im a little worried about the attic temp because the PI states 125. We'll see how it goes.

Looks good, Although I would suggest adding weather boots to all your outside connections. Might as well protect your investment from the rain.

Looks good, Although I would suggest adding weather boots to all your outside connections. Might as well protect your investment from the rain.

Ah, you talking about for the coaxial connections and such?? Where can I get them at easily?

Ill take that criticism. The guys at DBS are reaming me right now for all my "QC Failures".

Looks like jackass's even rule their D* forum now. Time to go back to being a lurker.

Ill take that criticism. The guys at DBS are reaming me right now for all my "QC Failures".

Looks like jackass's even rule their D* forum now. Time to go back to being a lurker.

It wasn't that bad. The next time I'm around Toano I'll shoot you a PM. I'll give you the correct Pole and some weather boots.

You da man.

I learned that pole trick from someone else moved from Dish to D* about a year and a half ago. I used it in SC like that for 9 mo's worked fine.

Some pics after the satellite fairy showed up with some stuff (thanks again man). Also sealed the openings on the 90's protecting the ground cable.

New ends and weather boots:
IMG_2276.jpg

Pole to be installed:
IMG_2277.jpg

R.I.P.
IMG_2278.jpg

As far as the ground goes, I just need to go out from the SWM8 to the Slimline, right? I already have a grounding block and whole house ground connected inside the gray Cox box.

I dont need a grounding block before the SWM8 for all 4 cables do I?

Small pcs for weed wacker protection :)

My wife gets happy with it when she uses it.

Im a little worried about the attic temp because the PI states 125. We'll see how it goes.

just use some clear silicone to seal the ends of the conduits. if it rains the water is going to mess up the cables underground. by the way you didn't do a bad job at all. some people have to always say something about anything, looks good:up

As far as the ground goes, I just need to go out from the SWM8 to the Slimline, right? I already have a grounding block and whole house ground connected inside the gray Cox box.

I dont need a grounding block before the SWM8 for all 4 cables do I?

Technically you should but don't have to.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)