Is it Better to Add an Extra HD-DVR Initially or After 30 Days?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
First of all, I am now a D* subscriber (not quite since the install is next week). When I signed up today the CSR recommended that I wait 30 days before adding an extra HD-DVR because the cost would be $199 when I signed up, but they frequently offer a much better deal to existing customers (which happens officially after 30 days) who upgrade. Is that true? If so, my thought is what will be the charge for the multi-switch I would need if I wait 30 days? I assume the switch would be free for the initial install but would cost something if I add it later? Anyone have any experience with this issue? Thank you.

As far as I know they have a new policy that says if you order new equipment from them in the first 6 months they will charge you an extra $50. So you would pay 199+50. They want you to get all the equipment the first time so they don't have to come back out.

I don't know why the CSR would say wait. Nothing magical happens after 30 days and usually new customers get much better deals than existing. I think her saying existing customers get better deals is just wrong. Anybody else is free to correct me though.

Richard

never heard of the extra $50 thing, but the best deals are ALWAYS when first subscribing. 30 days in you will pay full price for anything extra.

When I signed up, both the installer and the CSR said it would be the same cost ($50) whether I added another HD-DVR now or waited.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts