Is it Better to Add an Extra HD-DVR Initially or After 30 Days?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jyafink

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
First of all, I am now a D* subscriber (not quite since the install is next week). When I signed up today the CSR recommended that I wait 30 days before adding an extra HD-DVR because the cost would be $199 when I signed up, but they frequently offer a much better deal to existing customers (which happens officially after 30 days) who upgrade. Is that true? If so, my thought is what will be the charge for the multi-switch I would need if I wait 30 days? I assume the switch would be free for the initial install but would cost something if I add it later? Anyone have any experience with this issue? Thank you.

As far as I know they have a new policy that says if you order new equipment from them in the first 6 months they will charge you an extra $50. So you would pay 199+50. They want you to get all the equipment the first time so they don't have to come back out.

I don't know why the CSR would say wait. Nothing magical happens after 30 days and usually new customers get much better deals than existing. I think her saying existing customers get better deals is just wrong. Anybody else is free to correct me though.

Richard

never heard of the extra $50 thing, but the best deals are ALWAYS when first subscribing. 30 days in you will pay full price for anything extra.

When I signed up, both the installer and the CSR said it would be the same cost ($50) whether I added another HD-DVR now or waited.

Status
Please reply by conversation.