Pilots overshoot landing by 150 miles

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Pilot on wayward plane: ?Nobody was asleep? - Life- msnbc.com

Pilot on wayward plane: ‘Nobody was asleep’
Police say both men in cockpit passed breath tests, apologized after flight

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 12:00 a.m. ET, Sat., Oct . 24, 2009

WASHINGTON - One of the two pilots of a Northwest Airlines jetliner that overflew its destination by 150 miles denied Friday speculation that they were asleep at the controls.

"Nobody was asleep in the cockpit," Richard I. Cole, the first officer on the flight, told NBC station KGW-TV at his Salem, Ore., home on Friday.

"Things are being said that didn’t happen, but I can't go into details."
Story continues below ?advertisement | your ad here

Federal investigators are trying to determine what the crew of Flight 188 was doing at 37,000 feet as the airliner sped 150 miles past their Minneapolis destination and military jets scrambled to chase them.

A report released Friday said the pilots passed breathalyzer tests and were apologetic after Wednesday night's odyssey. They reportedly said they had been having a heated discussion about airline policy. But aviation safety experts and other pilots were frankly skeptical they could have become so consumed with shop talk that they forgot to land an airplane carrying 144 passengers.

Ok there are eight things that I can see would cause them to overshoot an airport by 150 miles like this. (1) They were asleep. (2) They had passed out due to a lack of sufficient oxygen in the plane. (3) They had turned down or off the radio's and were playing hand held video games. (4) They were doing drugs or drinking. (5) They were having sex with a flight attendant. (6) They were having sex with each other. (7) They were hijacked. (8) Mechanical failure. I wonder what they are being so secretive about and I don't buy the excuse that they got caught up in a conversation either.

strange story. i agree and feel the same with what you posted at the bottom. i'm not buying their excuse either.

I'm leaning towards sleeping or naughty fun time depending on which way your boat travels down the love canal.

7 miles a minute

Let's see; at 425 miles an hour speed, that makes it about 7 miles a minute. It will not take long to do 150 miles. A little over 21 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts